Dec 8, 2003
British Columbia, Canada
http://thenorva.com/schedule.php?nextstart=2006-03-01
Scroll down a little bit

Hot Topic Presents

Children of Bodom
Chimaira
Bullets for My Valentine

Genre/Extra Info: Tickets on sale Friday January 20th at all Ticketmaster outlets and Kelly's Backstage Tavern

date:
Mon., Mar. 20

show time:
6:30 PM (Early show so kids can get to bed early for school the next day)

doors open:
5:30 PM

price:
$15.00

day of show:
$17.50

>>Get Tickets<<

This does it, CoB is down the shit pipe with me.
Discuss.

wow, seriously that is the last straw for me. i still like hatebreeder and follow the reaper and something wild and hcdr too, but i have lost all respect for them now. a fucking hottopic show with chimeria and some bullets for a valentine what the fuck? i am in awe. why would they let themselves get so mallcore, i mean this isn't even mainstream like iron maiden or judas priest this is just hottopic mallgoth bullshit. unbelievable. i hope alexi comes to his senses and realizing the real usa fans will still see them if they tour and buy the good cds, they don't need to try to fit in with all the metalcore bullshit. its funny even the show starts so early, normally shows don't even have the doors open till 7:30 yet this is a hottopic sponsored show and its show 6:30. man, what have cob done. i never thought i could lose respect for the 2nd melodic death style band i ever got into and i loved and listened to all the time. i'll still watch some of thier tours now, but they've pretty much lost me as a fan.

It isn't just one show. I think it's a whole tour.

Anyways, I'm with you. AYDY was the start of the fall of my love for this band. I could see they wanted more fame and instead of waiting for it to come they started chasing it by turning mallcore. It completely disgusts me. I left all my CoB CDs in Canada when I left there and thank god I did or else I would have tossed them out right now.

They've lost me as a fan thanks to their greediness.

And this cannot be blamed on Spinefarm or anyone else because you don't see any other Spinefarm acts going the same way as these guys.

PanzerKunt said:
Opinions from AYDY fanbioz arent valid. Bodom has sold out.

you're a fucking idiot. I highly doubt CoB had anything to do with signing for this gig. Many times the Record company has a veto power over where the band decides (or doesn't decide) where to play. If they did have the choice, its most likely a smart business move.

They are trying to make a living.

Times change, grow the fuck up. The industry is much different than it was 7-8-9-10 years ago.

Just because this isnt 1997 anymore doesnt mean that they should make nu metal. Stop being a dickwad, Kalmah is still the same. And yes it probably is a smart business choice, what the fuck do you think I meant with sellout.

PanzerKunt said:
Just because this isnt 1997 anymore doesnt mean that they should make nu metal. Stop being a dickwad, Kalmah is still the same. And yes it probably is a smart business choice, what the fuck do you think I meant with sellout.

Kalmah's newest release is boring... Same as all the other ones. I could listen to their previous releases if I wanted to hear that style of music.

In Your Face said:
Kalmah's newest release is boring... Same as all the other ones. I could listen to their previous releases if I wanted to hear that style of music.

You could also listen to Sum41 if you wanted to hear something like AYDY, what the fuck is your point

PanzerKunt said:
You could also listen to Sum41 if you wanted to hear something like AYDY, what the fuck is your point

Change is good every now and then. Especially when so many bands are coming out and trying to sound like old CoB.

I guess i don't really have one?

Drink beer and have fun. Thats my point! and i'm sticking to it... who's with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.