Hotel information

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
Guys--

Here is the deal-- For those of you coming in town, I have been spending a lot of time trying to make sure that everybody has a good place to stay out here.. I have negotiated a good rate in advance for the bands hotels at a smaller hotel close to downtown to keep down the rates. Overall, your best bet is to use Priceline, Hotwire or any of those type of services to get a good rate. A few suggestions that I have for you:

Closer to the venue
Best Western Miyako- This is in Japantown- it is 1/2 way between the venue and the party/historic part of town. I used to live 5 blocks from this hotel and I love the area.

Days Inn Civic Center-- This is probably the closest hotel to the venue- it is motel with open A. SharkBlack stayed there when we went to Testament and he said it was OK... They are about 1/2 full right now.

Phoenix Hotel- For the partiers in the group-- this place rocks--It is in a sketchy part of town, but it is REALLY close to all the action, and has a great pool in the center.. Next year, I want to rent out the whole hotel for everyone- it is a party place!!

Feel free to post anything here on this thread about deals you find so we can help everybody get here economically

I've stayed at the Miyako Hotel once it was fantastic! I'm gonna stay there again and get one of the corner suites! Small balcony that goes around the corner of the tower with a view that kills! I stayed here when I went to see In Flames at the Filmore for my birthday last year. :) The rooms are very nice...

The Days Inn is inexpensive and the rooms were a bit small but it wasn't bad by any means. And it is in walking distance but over a classic SF hill. Uphill going to the venue downhill going home. lol Good place for the budget minded.

Hope to hear where more people are staying. Would like to be in walking distance to the venue and where the most fest attendees are. Price/amenities are secondary to that.

Unfortunately there is nothing that is less than 10 blocks or so from the venue-- The Days Inn is closest-- you can walk up the hill to the venue-

Yesterday I explored the bed & breakfast scene... Someone else posted a topic about one particular B&B... There are a few that are about half a mile to a mile from the venue. Prices are in the $120 per night and up range, but it may be beneficial to be within walking distance.

http://bedandbreakfast.com/ - one of the sites I looked at. There were several potential places to stay.

From previous trips to SF I know that public transportation is awesome. The question is, is it still running at the end of the show. If not, how easy is it to get a cab at the venue?

Yesterday I explored the bed & breakfast scene... Someone else posted a topic about one particular B&B... There are a few that are about half a mile to a mile from the venue. Prices are in the $120 per night and up range, but it may be beneficial to be within walking distance.

http://bedandbreakfast.com/ - one of the sites I looked at. There were several potential places to stay.

From previous trips to SF I know that public transportation is awesome. The question is, is it still running at the end of the show. If not, how easy is it to get a cab at the venue?

I am positive that its very easy to get a cab anytime at night in San Francisco, they are freaking everywhere :loco:

Cool! And a cab for a couple of miles or so shouldn't break the bank, right?

Every cab within the city that I have ever taken has been under $10.00. Its usually short distances. But I know they have increased fares these last couple years, so I guess it would depend on how far you were going.

Bear

Bear is right --If you all stay in the area of any of the hotels above you are no more than $7 or $8 away-- When we were there at the Indy last time, the cabs SWARMED on the venue at 2AM to pick everybody up-- It will not be a problem--

I've been doing homework - the 21 bus goes from the venue to Market St along Hayes. Last bus leaves at 1 am. Union Square is thus wide open. Well... depending on how long the show runs - I expect it to run into the wee hours, but stilll - the bus provides an easy way to get there. It's only a 15 minute ride.

Of course, transfers make it a cheap and easy journey from just about anywhere. I love San Francisco!

Edit: The 24 bus runs up and down Divisadero.

Which of the hotels is the cheapest. I don't plan in spening much time in my hotel room so I just want to spend the minimal amount. Plus....I ain't got any money. Any help would be appreciated.