hotel problems! marriot midtown, might wanna read this

Kenso

Juke Box Hero
Sep 18, 2006
zzz
okay well, pretty much i got unlucky as fuck on this one, and theres nothing i can do about it, but i strongly suggest those of you who have booked with marriot to check up on your reservation, cause they FUCKED me.

basically back in december i think? it was in december if the PP dates were announced by then, and im pretty sure they were, but dont quote me.

anyways, i called and booked the hotel at marriot midtown. i gave them my credit card number and all, they said everything was cool, they gave me my confirmation number, what else was there to worry about?

well so yesterday my friend wanted to know what hotel we were staying at cause he was going to go, so i decided id go and check my reservation while i was at the site and see if he would get the same rates as me. so i punched in my reservation number, and, wait, my reservation is cancelled!?!

okay so i said, well there must be some kind of explanation for this. i call up marriot reservations, and they say that the reason my room was cancelled was because i had no credit card ever put on the account. the thing is i am 100% POSITIVE absolutely no doubt, that i gave that woman a credit card number to reserve my room with. it turns out the woman that originally booked my reservation, did not put the credit card on my reservation file, or account or what ever. so i call up the manager to the hotel, and ask if i can just get my original rates back for the room, which were 169 a night. she says, no. the only thing i can do now is pay 239 a night instead of 169, which is lame. i asked her what i was supposed to do, how the fuck do i get the bad end for the front desk's mistake? she said that they would have sent me an email, i told her that they never gave me an email, she told me that sometimes they dont ask for email addresses unless i ask them to. she eventually just came out and said its my word against theirs and that i have no proof that i gave them a credit card number, which is true, because the idiot that i talked to and gave my credit card number, just never put it down on anything.

what the fuck!?

although this is their fault, i probably could have prevented this by checking up on the reservation, instead of waiting 6 months to check it. i take some responsibility for this, but what they did was still bullshit. they could have given me my original rates back, but the manager i talked to did not seem to care at all, and just basically said pay the new rates for the room, because we dont give a fuck if we made a mistake.

but i was just letting some fellow prog-powerers know that you NEED to check your reservation, especially with marriot, and make sure you dont get fucked like me!

now i have to pay like uh, 70 dollars more a night? its split between 5 of us, so its not near as bad, but that 70 dollars a night could have been spent on other stuff for the trip, cds, shirts, tickets, plane tickets, food...

go to marriot.com right now and check your reservation, dont let them fuck you last second when you get to atlanta! you dont wanna go to your hotel and be short on dough, or it be full because they sold your rooms to other people.

this is definitely a lesson learned for me, ill be on top of this shit next year, wont happen again.

I always like to book online so I have electronic records that I can print. Generally, I roll the dice and don't book until a couple of months before the event which reduces the amount of time the hotels can give away your room to somebody else. Seems like something always opens up.

Seems like there are no guarantees at the Marriott which is just two blocks up the street from the venue. I wish the Metra ran 24 hours so we could lodge further out and get better rates. $239 for a room is insane.

actually some guy just called me back and pretty much fixed everything. wish i could have got that phone call yesterday before they gave me all that bullshit.

but the guy was really nice and knew what he was doing, he asked for the person's name that told me i had to pay 239 so im hoping hes gonna give em hell. but im paying 169 as originally agreed to with the hotel, that guy may have been nice, but the other 10 people i talked to were not helpful what so ever.

just because i got fixed up doesnt mean you shouldnt check your reservations. the guy i talked to said apparently who ever did this for me opened up 4 different reservations, misspelled my email address, mispelled my named, and had me living in nebraska on one of them (i live in mississippi). seriously, check your hotel stuff, they will not hesitate to slip you the cock.

The Marriot gives us problems every fucking year. I hope that hotel burns the fuck down. They suck.

2 years ago they gave out our rooms to refugees without letting us know, now that was fucking gay.

2 years ago they gave out our rooms to refugees without letting us know, now that was fucking gay.

Yeah, I remember that. They called me the day before, asking if I needed the suite, I said yes. When I got there to check-in, they told me my room wasn't ready, and asked again if I needed the suite. I said yes. They explained about the situation, and I said that it really sucks for them, but I needed the suite and there were plenty of other hotels in town (convention sized) that I knew were not booked up and the refugees could easily stay there. They didn't like that answer, but sometimes being a bitch is useful. :/

Yeah, I remember that. They called me the day before, asking if I needed the suite, I said yes. When I got there to check-in, they told me my room wasn't ready, and asked again if I needed the suite. I said yes. They explained about the situation, and I said that it really sucks for them, but I needed the suite and there were plenty of other hotels in town (convention sized) that I knew were not booked up and the refugees could easily stay there. They didn't like that answer, but sometimes being a bitch is useful. :/

In fairness to the Residence Inn, they didn't have an option regarding the refugees. They were mandated by FEMA to take a certain number of refugees in, and of course, with FEMA paying the tab, the 'fugees weren't in any hurry to leave. The R.I. couldn't evict them, either.

I was 'walked' that year to the R.I. in Buckhead (meaning I was put up there as an overflow hotel), and I was furious....at first. However, the manager of the hotel (both hotels, really) did a first-class job of making amends.

Just checked mine online, all looks ok. Thanks for the reminder.
After almost getting screwed out of our room at PP II, I got in the habit of calling the Granada every couple months right up to the night before I leave.
Never had a problem after that. I wish I was staying there this year, but unfortunately, they were already out of 2 bed rooms. I'll be at the Res this year, and am HOPING not to have any problems as there will be 2 other people with me. This thread is a GREAT reminder for everyone to make sure you check a few times throughout the year.

In fairness to the Residence Inn, they didn't have an option regarding the refugees. They were mandated by FEMA to take a certain number of refugees in, and of course, with FEMA paying the tab, the 'fugees weren't in any hurry to leave. The R.I. couldn't evict them, either.

I was 'walked' that year to the R.I. in Buckhead (meaning I was put up there as an overflow hotel), and I was furious....at first. However, the manager of the hotel (both hotels, really) did a first-class job of making amends.

it wouldnt have been bad if they would have let everyone know in advance, they just never us, we got there and they just said uh yea you cant stay.

In fairness to us, they could have explained the situation. They had 2 opportunities to do that with me and they didn't. In dealing with the hotels, I can understand FEMAs position, but those hotels also know a bit ahead of time what their apprx occupancy rate is for a given weekend.

Thanx for the heads-up!! This is the third year I've stayed there and haven't had ANY probs. Glad yours got cleared up. They just sent me another confirmation, so it still looks good. I REALLY like their rooms, as others can crash with me if need be.

BTW, I booked mine in Nov. 2006 and got $139/nite.

Peace,
Chris :headbang:

Just checked mine online, all looks ok. Thanks for the reminder.
After almost getting screwed out of our room at PP II, I got in the habit of calling the Granada every couple months right up to the night before I leave.
Never had a problem after that. I wish I was staying there this year, but unfortunately, they were already out of 2 bed rooms. I'll be at the Res this year, and am HOPING not to have any problems as there will be 2 other people with me. This thread is a GREAT reminder for everyone to make sure you check a few times throughout the year.

We'll miss you at the Granada this year J-Dubya!

We'll miss you at the Granada this year J-Dubya!

I'm sure I'll be around, at least until they kick me out! ;) They should just block off that Peachtree Strret and make it a big block party! :kickass: :headbang:
I really have more confidence in the Granada NOT screwing me over, than I do with the Res. Time will tell. :zombie:

Phew...this thread scared the beejesus out of me because my situation sounded so similar.

Checked on my reservation...still all-clear. Sweet. I got the extra nice room, so I'm actually at like $189 night.

By the way...there's just two of us in there right now, with room for up to 4. Anybody need a room?

Unfortunately, the Granada had "lost" my reservation only a week after placing it. I called, gave all my info, credit card, got my confirmation number - everything was peachy and I was set with a killer room! Then I discovered that John had scored a couple of suites at Residence Inn, one for MetalRose & I. Michael (gunstar6) wanted a Granada room so we were going to transfer the reservation. Upon trying to do so they tell us that the confirmation number I have is not the number that they use in their system, I must have another number in order for them to access my reservation. Uhh..... :zombie: I said, "What am I supposed to do if your people gave me a number that doesn't work? Should I ask if they're sure it's the right number?!" I mean, come on! They never tried other options to access my reservation and apparently didn't have record of me in the system at all. To this day I don't know what happened. EVERYONE ought to cal on their reservations as it may have been lost 7 months ago :bah: Good thing I have a Residence Inn room!

Who is this Gunstar6 imposter? I'll rip his throat out for trying to replace the wonderful and awesome Gunstar9. =D

On a more serious note, I should be rooming with Pellaz, so I'm not too worried about my reservation. Woot.