How about this mix?

1111belphegor

Feb 6, 2013
Sweden
Wrote, recorded and mixed this grungy tune last week. Would be good to have your view on the mix. Committed to a rather muddy guitar sound to contribute to the style, but may have missed the mark slightly. It became rather difficult to liven up in the mix. Ended up using a harmonizer on certain parts.

Thanks.

the sound isn´t bad, it serves the music well. Try to brighten it a bit in the instrumental parts, and make some space for the vocals when they kick in (frequency-selective sidechain ducking by 1-1.5 dB or so)

cool song mate sounds fine here the guitars suit the track well :)
just work on the vocal bring it out a little:)

If your up for sharing the stems a mix practice would be cool for us all :)

the sound isn´t bad, it serves the music well. Try to brighten it a bit in the instrumental parts, and make some space for the vocals when they kick in (frequency-selective sidechain ducking by 1-1.5 dB or so)

cool song mate sounds fine here the guitars suit the track well :)
just work on the vocal bring it out a little:)

If your up for sharing the stems a mix practice would be cool for us all :)

Thanks guys!
I have indeed tried different ways of brightening the guitars, but ultimately only felt that the mix lost energy as a result. I think I will live with the guitar sound for this one. Will see if I can create some space for the vocals, but the thing is that I don't like them! I am a crappy singer (in fact not a singer at all) and so I end up doing all sorts of things to cover them up... :) Think I should get a real singer to do the job for this one.