Ways to make this mix huge (This is un mixed)

NSGUITAR

Oct 26, 2009
Hey dudes.. Here's a tune Idea that I'm workin at.

I'm not too familiar with this style, so it would be cool for you guys to help me mix from ground zero.. What you're hearing is straight up dry tracks that are un mixed. Obviously the drums are not real. They're completely programed.

I just thought it would be fun for a sort of group mix thing. I like the tones of everything I'm using, just looking for what you'd do for mixing! GO:

CURRENT MIX:

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/nicholasscottmanagement/zombieideamix1/s-kWpEl[/soundcloud]

Last edited by a moderator:
i like when i put my AKG's and feel that sort of "tension" in my head due to wideness, is that something you did? or just came out of the tone? i think it needs a lot more definition but... it's kind'a BIG already...

The guitar, and kick room sound has a bit too much bass. I would HP the kicks verb tail, and HP the guitars a bit. Clashing with the bass low end.

What did you do to get that rad bass grind action going on there? The chain and/or settings would be shweeeet! :)
Thanks!

Cool, I'll apply all of your suggestions!

Like I said, a group mix sounds fun and it would be cool to see what it can morph into.

FYI, there are 8 total guitars on this track :). So, yep.

Engl Savage, with really boosted treb and presence to get that sort of industrial rock guitar tone.

Bass was my typical bass chain, but I duplicated my bass track again and added TSE X30 through some cab impulse that I don't remember. Sounds sweet for this sort of tone.

i like when i put my AKG's and feel that sort of "tension" in my head due to wideness, is that something you did? or just came out of the tone? i think it needs a lot more definition but... it's kind'a BIG already...

Yes, I'm glad you felt that. That's sort what I'm going for with the harmonization and such. :)

Cool riff! I would've automated the soloed intro guitars down by many, many dBs. So that heads explodes when the rest of the band comes in.
I wouldn't have silenced the guitars as early as you've done, there's something weird going on on every first note in that clip. The guitars are a wee bit fizzy too.

K everybody.

Here's the first mix. I applied everything you guys suggested, plus a lot more. ENJOY:

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/nicholasscottmanagement/zombieideamix1/s-kWpEl[/SOUNDCLOUD]

mix sounds huge! good job man. can you give some info on the processing of snare reverb on this one?

mix sounds huge! good job man. can you give some info on the processing of snare reverb on this one?

Thanks! :)

Kick and snare were actually both sent to the same Verb Buss.

I just used a program called "freeverb".. It's.. well. free. :)

Then I just hi-passed it, (Don't recall what freq though).

Thanks! :)

Kick and snare were actually both sent to the same Verb Buss.

I just used a program called "freeverb".. It's.. well. free. :)

Then I just hi-passed it, (Don't recall what freq though).

cool! i have freeverb but i dont like it the first time i test it , i guest i have to put a little more time working whit it. it sounds awesome in your mix, thanks for the info! :kickass: