How crazy is the Irvine PIT?

spag

I am a leaf on the wind
Sep 18, 2006
Everywhere and nowhere
Trying to find good tickets for Saturday night, and only ones I've come across is someone local with some pit tickets. I know I wouldn't care, but I don't know if my gf is up for it. Is she going to get damaged?

I may have to hunt harder for some orchestra tickets. I'm tired of sitting so far I can't really see anything.

I don't know about Irvine specifically but you don't need to go right into the thick of things. You could just stand at the back of the crowd and watch the show. If you really want to get closer to the band then try going down the sides. There's less crushing at the sides and would be easier to get out of than fighting your way out of the middle. Only go down the front if your girlfriend knows what she's in for and is sure she can handle it. I've seen it so many times down the front with some guy is trying his best to protect his tiny girlfriend who's getting crushed to bits and should probably have known better than to go down there in the first place.

Like Metallicat said, you can hang at the back of the pit or off to the side and be fine. The danger zone is up front in the center. I saw them at the Forum on the first leg and we were 3 feet from the rail, but off to the side past Dave. We didn't get crushed like the people in the center.

Irvine pit is pretty small compared to others. I haven't been down there in several years but when I was down there last time there was no moshing. Big open areas like the Forum was brutal. I'd say go for it, you can always retreat.

Good way to break your chick in. If she gets some bruises, she will forever talk of her Maiden experience as a war story for the rest of her life.

Irvine is usually pretty strict for a venue ever since that riot back in the day at a Dead show in the 80s. Do you guys recall that? They beefed up security ever since then.

You could pull the old Poison/Bon Jovi deal and have your girlfriend on your shoulders in a sports bra waving an Iron Maiden banner blocking everyone in back of you.

hehe glam rock is so lame!

Can't wait for tommorow!

Irvine pit on friday was f'in insane, i know of a person that broke a finger in there, at one time there was a fight and Arry got pissed and had security throw them out. from stories i was hearing about it, it was one of the more intense ones out there. to think i got a pit ticket for saturday night

The moshing wasn't so bad. In Phoenix I couldn't really watch the show because the moshing was so violent. The pushing at Irvine last night was INSANE! My friend and I had a pretty good center stage view, and were standing about 3 rows of people from the stage, but 3 songs in, we had to move to the back because the pushing got pretty sick. Some stupid moron that almost got his arse bounced by this huge cholo character during Anthrax, nearly took my arm off during Maiden. It took this silly, short chick to stop me from punching him with my free arm.

'Arry did look really pissed. For him to stop playing, it had to have been bad. My friend and I had already moved to the back of the pit at that point and were fairly safe. I have seats for tonight's gig and am really happy about that.

Let me ask you guys this. I am not taking the piss, I'm really asking:

I've been in loads of slam and mosh pits since I was a kid. I used to be really into punk. They are fun and I love to do it. I just don't understand why you would want to do it at an Iron Maiden show. I don't want to take my eyes of the band for one second, and I want to hear every note played. I don't get why you wold pay $90 to mosh at Maiden. A little pushing here and there is ok. But actual moshing at an event like this? Can someone explain?

I've been in loads of slam and mosh pits since I was a kid. I used to be really into punk. They are fun and I love to do it. I just don't understand why you would want to do it at an Iron Maiden show. I don't want to take my eyes of the band for one second, and I want to hear every note played. I don't get why you wold pay $90 to mosh at Maiden. A little pushing here and there is ok. But actual moshing at an event like this? Can someone explain?

Again, speaking from my experience of the UK Maiden shows not the US, but it seems to be all the younger kids that do it. Most of the older fans prefer to watch the band, sing along and headbang. The younger people seem to mosh to anything (listen to me - anyone would think I was 40 the way I'm talking!). I've seen a mosh pit start at a HIM show for fucks sake. :zombie:

Took the words right out of my mouth. With all the effort that seems to go into every Iron Maiden show...

It disappointing, in that, Iron Maiden always got pigeonholed in this Death Metal bang your head 666 category. In reality, they are one of the most talented, intellectual bands of all time. They are an extremely smart band, and their lyrics take some understanding of history and even some sophistication and intelligence to understand. I really don't think they want to play to violent kids who have mommy and daddy issues.

In my opinion, a young punk ass kid violently moshing to Maiden has no understanding of the music and is a total fuckin Poser!

As usual, those who look the part, usually don't feel the part.

An old Daosit proverb:

Those who konw do not speak
Those who speak do not know.

Fuckin Posers!