How did you get into Opeth?

well... it was the distant 1996... I read a review of Morningrise which scored at 100/100, and I was really impressed, the reviewer seemed to have gone mad after the album... after a moth or so I bought it, but I admit I needed several listens to appreciate it... then, one day, BANG! I realized Morningrise had become like air to me... I still need to listen to it almost weekly...

I got into opeth through the internet actually. I found some page with small samples of metal songs on it. It was a long time ago cause i remember them being .wav files not mp3's. It took me forever to download a 30 second bit of some opeth song called To bid you farewell. I went out and bought morningrise and orchid that week. Since then i've gotten every opeth album as they came out and i've only grown to love the band more!

I had heard from some people on other boards about Opeth and how great they were. So I bought MAYH without having heard anything at all. Needless to say, I was hooked from the very beginning of April Ethereal. I knew that I had found the band I'd been searching for.