How did you get into Testament???

I was like 12 and just got into metal and heard "Practice" on some compilation tape I bought. I loved it and went and bought the album the next chance I got. Been a fan ever since.
I wish I could remember the name of that tape. It also got me into Anthrax, Exodus, and Megadeth.

I watched this Simpsons episode where Reverend Lovejoy says that a Christian band (Testament) will be playing at church this night.

And I said: "What the hell is Testament anyway? I'm goin' to the record store."

The first Testament I heard was New Order, around the time that
Practice had come out. I liked new Order a whole lot and got to listen to
the 'new shit' Practice What You Preach after that. Pretty friggin cool.

\m/

OfficerNice

Ultimate_Symphony said:
I don't really remember, I think I heard Practice What You Preach (the song) somewhere.
must not have been that cool I guess if you dont remember.

-OfficerNice

I heard Practice before Souls , but I am kinda the same way as you. Practice has awesome songs, but Souls just is darker and in some regards heavier, plus Alex's solos on Souls are amazing. I guess we are in the minority.
I guess the minority's growing- count me in.

Celine Dion said:
I watched this Simpsons episode where Reverend Lovejoy says that a Christian band (Testament) will be playing at church this night.

And I said: "What the hell is Testament anyway? I'm goin' to the record store."

Ha ha ha yeh, that one's a classic.

My story: I heard Legions of the Dead.

Yes, I'm a greenie.

I had got into metal a few months before (December 1990) and wanted to hear music that was similar to Metallica and Slayer and so Testament were tipped as one of the best thrash bands out there, so I bought Souls of Black. It didn't strike me at first but I still went out and bought The Legacy and then it hit me and Burnt Offerings was my fave song for ages. The Ritual was next in 1992 and then I eventually found The New Order and PWUP.