Testament singles?

NielsK

Jul 23, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
www.nielsk.dk
I've been a Testament fan since 1991 but I have never seen any singles released by the band. Did Testament ever release any singles? If so, could any of you post the cover art?
I came to wonder about this when I read an old interview with Eric where he was talking about John Doe being the first single off Demonic.

Just curious. :headbang:

Cheers
Niels K
www.nielsk.dk

The first single was the legandary "Trail By Fire" vinyl with TBF, Nobody's fault (a different version) and Reign Of Terror on it. I think I've heard about "Disciples Of The Watch" being released on a single as well.
There also was "The Legacy" with just one song on it. I own this one (but maybe it's just a radio promo and that doesn't count as single, does it?)
"Electric Crown" from 1992 and perhaps "Return To Serenity" (either the shortened video version or the shortened RTTAC version) too
"Dog Faced Gods" with "Draw The Line" and "Sails Of Charon" from 1994
I'm not sure, but I think "Low" was on a single too
Something from the Demonic record- "John Doe" or "The Burning Times"
I'm sure there must have been at least one from PWYP, because this record was so big (I think there was a single for the title track and maybe "The Ballad" or "Greenghouse Effect").

I thought the "Eyes Of Wrath" image you use as your avatar comes from a single too.

Anyway, it'd be pretty cool if someone that owns any testament single could post any info about it (and some covers too).
I hope they release some singles for the fans with the new album.

High Priest Of Evil said:
The first single was the legandary "Trial By Fire" vinyl with TBF, Nobody's fault (a different version) and Reign Of Terror on it. I think I've heard about "Disciples Of The Watch" being released on a single as well.
There also was "The Legacy" with just one song on it. I own this one (but maybe it's just a radio promo and that doesn't count as single, does it?)
"Electric Crown" from 1992 and perhaps "Return To Serenity" (either the shortened video version or the shortened RTTAC version) too
"Dog Faced Gods" with "Draw The Line" and "Sails Of Charon" from 1994
I'm not sure, but I think "Low" was on a single too
Something from the Demonic record- "John Doe" or "The Burning Times"
I'm sure there must have been at least one from PWYP, because this record was so big (I think there was a single for the title track and maybe "The Ballad" or "Greenghouse Effect").

I thought the "Eyes Of Wrath" image you use as your avatar comes from a single too.

Anyway, it'd be pretty cool if someone that owns any testament single could post any info about it (and some covers too).
I hope they release some singles for the fans with the new album.

Thanks for your answer. Damn I'd love to see the artwork for those singles... I've only seen the artwork for the Trail by Fire EP, via the links provided by Erik.

As you probably know they did some t-shirts for Disciples, Greenhouse, Envy Life, Electric Crown and a couple of others as well and I thought that those designs could have a relation to the single covers. But I'm only gessing. I've always loved the Greenhouse Effect artwork so I was kinda hoping that one was released as a single...

Regarding my avatar it's 100% homemade. Sorry :)

Btw, funny post, Brooks :D

Cheers
Niels K
www.nielsk.dk

As you probably know they did some t-shirts for Disciples, Greenhouse, Envy Life, Electric Crown and a couple of others as well and I thought that those designs could have a relation to the single covers. But I'm only gessing. I've always loved the Greenhouse Effect artwork so I was kinda hoping that one was released as a single...
That's very probabable. There also was a Falling Fast shirt that had a frightened devil with wings falling on the front and words "paralyzed by fear, death in life I see"- so maybe there was one for FF too.. who knows. Let Go Of My World had its shirt too- with a globe held in somebody's hand, if I remember correctly. I also remember a TBF shirt (white, if my memory serves me well). It'd be nice to get some info from someone competent- band related.
BTW, yes, the GE shirt was great

You're right. If you want to refresh your memory check out http://testament.rockmetal.art.pl/
Click "RÓŻNOŚCI" and then "Koszulki". I have no idea what it means :-D

I love the Falling Fast one, but I'm not sure they would release that one as a single. Although it is my favourite from SOB... And a pity they didn't use the TBF artwork for the EP. Would have been more classy than the original one...

:headbang: heh, I know this site... in fact, I remember recommending those shirt images to someone here a long time ago. These shirts rock- that's for sure. I'm also a bit sceptical about them releasing FF as a single, but who knows (if somebody does, please share your knowledge)
btw "różności" means varieties and "koszulki"-T-shirts

:headbang: heh, I know this site... in fact, I remember recommending those shirt images to someone here a long time ago. These shirts rock- that's for sure. I'm also a bit sceptical about them releasing FF as a single, but who knows (if somebody does, please share your knowledge)
btw "różności" means varieties and "koszulki"-T-shirts

He he, funny. It was me you recommended the site to. Small world, eh?

yes it would be good if the band could clear this up. i for one would be interested to see the cover art for these singles. i was not even aware that they had released any singles.

Wow, that's a pretty cool site. Awesome that they've got the cover art for the Legacy demo :headbang:

Damn it, I'd kill to see the artwork for the rest of the stuff!

Come on Testament dudes! If you should read this, please enlighten us, perhaps with a discography update on the website...?

I've heard of "Test of Time" before- I'm pretty sure it's a bootleg (a half-official one?)- I think I might have heard it a few years back. The sound quality was great

I've heard of "Test of Time" before- I'm pretty sure it's a bootleg (a half-official one?)- I think I might have heard it a few years back. The sound quality was great

I got this in the mail today. The first 8 tracks are from the same show (Souls of Black tour). The next 7 tracks are not from one show, not to my ears anyway. The sound quality changes are a few of them so it's hard to be sure. Greenhouse Effect (track 9), definitely doesn't fit with anything else. Regardless, it's still cool to have and the quality for a bootleg is very good indeed.

To bring this one up, here are some pics I've stumbled upon recently

0251_1_b.JPG

5602_1.JPG

R-959216-1178762406.jpeg

R-959216-1178762414.jpeg

R-959216-1178762915.jpeg