How do diehard fans feel about DW?

I have all Landmarq albums, including the first three on which Damian sings. Of course the music's different, but Damian's voice doesn't disappoint me. I first heard him on Ayreon albums, then Star One, Threshold, Landmarq, and ...with Stream of Passion, his solo recordings...Rick Wakeman's New English Rock Ensemble (excellent work on "The Mission", by the way! So dreamy, that voice!) and so forth.

Damian's quickly become one of my favourite vocalists ever, and I'm very very happy I managed to catch him live a few times now. As I've said in the topic about his website, I adore his voice and I adore him as a person...such a friendly, kind, social and modest bloke. Mac had this kind of cocky attitude, which I don't really like. Not saying he's a bad guy, I don't know him well enough for that, and his voice really is strong and good, but in the overall picture...Damian's the one.

I have to say I'm quite fond of Glynn's powerful dark vocals as well, though he has a bit of a rough edge in his voice. Part of his charm. Damian's voice is more clear. :)

When I was going to see Threshold for the first time in 2007, Damian already was my favourite vocalist, but I love Threshold altogether, even with Mac, so I was excited! :headbang: Then I read Mac left. Oh no... =< What if they cancel the tour? Oh wait, Damian stands in for one date....no...he stands in for the whole tour! I'm gunna see Damian!!! YAAAY!!!! ^____^ One of my favourite vocalist with one of my favourite bands! It's been heaven ever since.

I'm not sad Mac left at all, though he did a marvellous job with Threshold these past 9-10 years.

Damian gives a stellar performance on the Threshold albums he sang on as well on the Landmarq album The Vision Pit (I haven't heard Solitary Witness so can't say anything about that). Although his performance on Electric Castle is absolutely fantastic, I would hardly consider it his best as he only sings a few lines as opposed to complete albums with Threshold and Landmarq.

Quantity doesn't necessarily equal quality. Sometimes less... is more.

OK, I admit that while ITEC is one of my alltime favourite CDs, the early Threshold albums (pre-Mac) although I like them, they have never been emotionally that important to me. The first time I heard Damian singing was on ITEC. So, it was only afterwards when I found out that this AYREON-dude used to sing in Threshold :)

^ Don't get me wrong ITEC is one of my favourite albums as well but I was already impressed when I heard his voice on the Threshold and Landmarq albums. For me, ITEC confirmed what a fantastic singer he is and I agree that the impact of his short performance is very memorable.

I'm not very familiar with Landmarq. I only have The Vision Pit. Are the other two similar in style to Vision Pit? And what is you favourite of the three?

Yes, they're alike.
My favourite out of [Solitary Witness - 1992], [Infinity Parade - 1993] and [The Vision Pit - 1995]?

I'd have to say Infinity Parade, since my favourite Landmarq-with-Damian track is on there: Ta'Jiang. Though the first album has some great tracks..Killing Fields, Terracotta Army, Foxing The Fox, Tippi Hedren...

Yes, they're alike.
My favourite out of [Solitary Witness - 1992], [Infinity Parade - 1993] and [The Vision Pit - 1995]?

I'd have to say Infinity Parade, since my favourite Landmarq-with-Damian track is on there: Ta'Jiang. Though the first album has some great tracks..Killing Fields, Terracotta Army, Foxing The Fox, Tippi Hedren...

Of the three, I like The Vision Pit the best. Though my favorite Landmarq song comes off Solitary Witness: Terracotta Army :cool:

Just listening to DW on "Myspace" :headbang:,

I only discovered Threshold last year, and have seen them live 3 times since :worship:.

Listening to DW on my space just shows what a talented man he is,

I only hope he announces more dates soon as I cant make any of the current ones :cry:

Damian Wilson is THE singer for Threshold, though I really really like them all. Anupam, if you find the Landmarq cd's on sale somewhere, can you give me a tip? I have the first and third but didn't know about the one in the middle (whatever the name was). The Vision Pit is a masterful piece of work, in my mind, and I'm usually into more heavy stuff (like progmetal och thrashmetal). But Landmarq with Damian is an all-time fave of mine!

Though everything Threshold has ever done is still better... :headbang:

/SE

I'm indifferent. The old material (recorded with DW) is great. Mac's stuff is great. As long as the next album is also great... I'm indifferent. He's a talented guy.

Anupam, if you find the Landmarq cd's on sale somewhere, can you give me a tip? I have the first and third but didn't know about the one in the middle (whatever the name was).

Sure thing...I was looking to add them to my Amazon basket but they were unfortunately not available. You can listen to tracks off the second album on last.fm . If I'm not mistaken, I think I saw a few copies on ebay as well.

The Vision Pit is a masterful piece of work, in my mind, and I'm usually into more heavy stuff (like progmetal och thrashmetal). But Landmarq with Damian is an all-time fave of mine!

Same thing here. I'm in Prog Metal as opposed to Prog Rock but The Vision Pit is a masterpiece. The melodies and atmospheres of the songs are to die for!

There will be a number of Landmarq songs on the DWB tour and we are hoping to film at least one of the shows.

dwb-flyer.jpg

English dates to be added...

www.damian-wilson.com