How do Pod Farm 2?????

Pablo333

Jan 13, 2009
hmmm... this>>>link

but I am Damned if I can see anything regarding it on Line 6's website!!!

df6de5cb-ca02-4219-a445-d8b5804a7fbf

bah!! I got mine before october too, I'd rather not pay for an upgrade if it sounds the same!!

I'm struggeling to be excited about this, much as I am fond of my copy of PodFarm Platinum.

that press release reads like a lot of hot air about apparently improved workflow and flexibility.
It dwells a lot on the "Dual Tone" thing that's already a feature in PodFarm.

The "POD Farm Elements" thing could be useful though.

Doesn't look like there are any new models, but i wonder if any of the DSP has been improved?

EDIT: Upgrade cost is $50 , will probably get it anyway.

yeh, it is the same stuff again and again, I'd at Least expect to see new or updated amp/cabs on this one

What I expect to see is a tuner in plugin mode... I still don´t understand how you can develop a plugin with over a hundred simulated amps and manage to forget the tuner??!^^

When was the free POD Farm offer? Was it before October? So I guess the dudes that went for free POD Farm are not elligible for this upgrade?

Doesn´t look like they´re going to include an impulse loader nor a HPF/LPF EQ. I wonder if anyone at Line6 has ever recorded a guitar. Still getting it though. Finally they did a MIDI learn function.

What I expect to see is a tuner in plugin mode... I still don´t understand how you can develop a plugin with over a hundred simulated amps and manage to forget the tuner??!^^

Based on that screenshot, it´s the 3rd button at the right of Line6 logo.

the rumor going around for ever is that there main programmers all jumped ship and formed Damage control...

being that they are still living off vetta models that came out years ago I am starting to think this is true....

the rumor going around for ever is that there main programmers all jumped ship and formed Damage control...

being that they are still living off vetta models that came out years ago I am starting to think this is true....

I think it may be. A damn shame really.

I vote for new amps .....

Randall RG 100HT

Engl Savage

and/or more stomps and cabs - the ability to change the mic position more accurately would be excellent.

Fuck this company. Seriously. SL has been out since September and they are still doing a beta of the driver for it.

Yeah, I just took the decision to boicott Line6 and buy a new interface... Something like M-Audio...

After one year that Windows 7 is available they only had beta drivers. Then they released a so called "Official" version, that... Doesn't work. All people with thier interfaces that works under Windows 7, got a big variety of problems. Audio dropouts, static noise burst, cpu spikes, audio disappear completely.

And the support still has nothing to say but link to videos that show you how to disable Aero in windows. Jesus...

"POD Farm 2 will also be available as a free upgrade to existing POD Farm and POD Studio customers that have registered POD Farm after 1October 2009."
At least they did that. I didn't expect to get a free upgrade. I bought the software 1 month ago!

All people with thier interfaces that works under Windows 7, got a big variety of problems. Audio dropouts, static noise burst, cpu spikes, audio disappear completely.
I didn't have one single problem with my Line6 interface on Win7 64bit.

Besides that, yeah Line6 is selling the same stuff over and over again just with different names.

I vote for new amps .....

Randall RG 100HT

Engl Savage

and/or more stomps and cabs - the ability to change the mic position more accurately would be excellent.

Actually I vote for them to eliminate 90% of those that are already there and get it right the rest 10% :lol: If they had nailed the Ampeg SVT, Mesa 400+, Triple Rectifier, 5150, Plexi, JCM 800, Roland JC and Vox AC30 they could just delete everything else.