how do you approach vocal intensive editing sessions?

as you scan with melodyne, it gradually knocks the timing of the input audio off time

so its not sample accurate

I've never noticed that issue but I'm not a hardcore user like you. Perhaps it's only for Nuendo. I'm still using Sonar 6PE.

I just took a drum track in melodyne and pitched it up 3 steps and imported the original track in Sonar and the tracks stayed in alignment for the entire track. I'm trying to find a vox or guitar track to test next.

with melodyne I found it to unpredictable using rewire or bridge, so I just bounce a rough mix of the song im working on with no vocals, then export all the vocal tracks and a midi file and import them into melodyne. takes barely any time to set that up and then i just do the rest in melodyne.

Joey,

I've had the pleasure (or misfortune) of working with dozens if not hundreds of "pop artists". While most people on this board seem to disagree with your methods I have to say that what you're doing is totally right and necessary. I tune and time every word/syllable all the time.

Melodyne does have bad sync issues sometimes, but mostly it's do to buffer settings IN CUBASE...change your settings there to less CPU intensive and melodyne will run better. I always tune first/time later, as that way the melodyne "slippage" is compensated for later.

I also use protools EA audio for vocals. Lead vocals I try to avoid it, but if you don't have Vocalign, it's the easiest way to layer and time Bg vox together. Doesn't Cubase have elastic audio as well? or something similar?