How do you BEEF up your mix?

There is a stereo Pitch Shifter in AmpliTube 3.
Swapping your guitars over to AmpliTube would make them sound a lot better in general. ;)
You could dial in some room depth in AmpliTube 3, as well.

For toms, you can do some low shelving and clean up a lot of the mush. Modern metal drums tend to be very fast and EQ'd tight with mostly just the snap of the head so they don't get too washy.

Yeah.. if we're talking metal you REALLY don't want any pitch shifting or whatever. Just track your guitars twice, put them in mono, and pan them 100L, 100R. Once you've got that sorted, you can maybe play around with effects, but doing a stereo pitch shift on a single guitar track instead of tracking guitars twice is just lazy and will sound much worse.
Room depth in metal guitars is generally a no-no. Again, once you've got a decent mix sorted, you can play around with effects, but if you started chucking room reverb and pitch shift effects on everything from the get-go you won't get a decent mix.

There is a stereo Pitch Shifter in AmpliTube 3.
Swapping your guitars over to AmpliTube would make them sound a lot better in general. ;)
You could dial in some room depth in AmpliTube 3, as well.

For toms, you can do some low shelving and clean up a lot of the mush. Modern metal drums tend to be very fast and EQ'd tight with mostly just the snap of the head so they don't get too washy.

I may consider purchasing AmpliTube 3 in the future but ATM I'm dead broke so I'm gonna have to work with what I got. TMF's samples are too dry for my liking so I went back to the Avatar kit and kept TMF's kick! Hahahahaha

@Morgan_C I noticed that I messed up on the panning in my guitars! Pitch Shifting doesn't really seem like a good idea to me I'd rather just retrack! I just have EQ's guitars!

@AaroldW The Metal Foundry is an expansion of Superior Drummer! Whole different kit! But I'm more comfortable with the Avatar kit so I went back to it and kept The Metal Foundy's kick!!!

Here's where I'm at!!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9875484/Song 2 Demos/Attempt 5.9.9(New Drums)-TEMP FINAL-.mp3

Also I'm sure mixing doesn't just consist of EQ'ing and compressing. What else is there to do to Guitars, Bass, and Drums!?

Metal rhythm guitar its pretty much EQ and maybe a little bit of saturation, most of the sound comes from the amp. You could compress/limit/multiband a bit but it's generally not needed.

Drums you can do whatever. Transient designers, bus comps, parallel compression, saturation, various reverbs/impulses. Sample augmentation. etc.

Bass.. you could probably find a use for every single plugin ever made on bass.

Did you really record the guitar twice or did you just copy the 1 track you recorded? Cause the guitars don't sound very stereo (sorry if you already answered this question).

The guitar tone itself isn't that bad, maybe little muddy.

Yeah.. if we're talking metal you REALLY don't want any pitch shifting or whatever. Just track your guitars twice, put them in mono, and pan them 100L, 100R. Once you've got that sorted, you can maybe play around with effects, but doing a stereo pitch shift on a single guitar track instead of tracking guitars twice is just lazy and will sound much worse.
Room depth in metal guitars is generally a no-no. Again, once you've got a decent mix sorted, you can play around with effects, but if you started chucking room reverb and pitch shift effects on everything from the get-go you won't get a decent mix.

I'll use the two different Rectifier models in AmpliTube 3 (Dual and Triple), pan one hard left and the other hard right, and put a touch of fine pitch shift with the Pitch Shifter stomp pedal in front of one. This does a pretty convincing double track, but yeah, I am also lazy. :lol:

True, with tight fast modern metal styles you don't want room depth. But personally, I'm more old school like Maiden and the Scorpions, and there is a lot of ambiance and dynamics there. And TONS of TONE. Which is what I'm all about.