How do you download your music?

Episteme

Jul 10, 2003
Perth, Western Australia
Visit site
Kazaa is really shit and I can't get bands like Maudlin of the Well, Kayo Dot, Farmakon and much Neurosis off it..it really pisses me off. I need a new way to download music, possibly through IRC or some other P2P program. What do you use?

I usually just go to the band's website if they have one and check out the samples they usually have, if not i have a browse on kazaa and well i hardly ever find anything but i try anyway, if thats not successfull i go on mp3.com and if thats not successful well........fuck it, i just go out on a whim and buy the album lol. I tend to do that, ive bought several albums without even hearing a track from them and weirdly ive always enjoyed the albums

Direct Connect, the following hubs:
paladin.sublevels.net
wintermute.sublevels.net
doom-metal.deathnap.com
neoclassical.no-ip.org
metal-blackmetal.no-ip.com

I know there are quite a few songs on mp3.com for Maudlin of the Well, but unfortunately mp3.com just shut down. I also would get the cds, but I'm a little strapped for cash and cd stores in Perth don't carry the bands I listed, I tried looking for them and even asking if the people working there. I could order it though but cheers for the suggestions. I'll try direct connect. Soulseek is a pain in the ass to work, all my downloads keep failing...

Is there any sharing restrictions? How many files should I share?

Soulseek has shit. When it actually does find something I want, the user that has it either has 1,000,000,000,000,000 people in queue or they have an upload rate of -0.00007KB/s.

Soulseek is lame. DC++ is much better. You will have better luck on Kazaa than you will with Soulseek.

spaffe said:
i use direct connect and the metal.no-ip.info hub. without doubt the best way to get both music and other stuff

He speaks the truth.

SoulSeek will sometimes work, but most of time, the queue's are too big to bother with.

mIRC is supposed to be good; that's where the new albums appear first. Although I've never actually used it myself.

Chasm said:
this may seem strange to some in this day in age, but i usually buy CDs rather than download them

As do I. But I also like to hear what I'm considering buying before actually buying it. This is where P2P programs come in handy.