How do you download your music?

Mtaclof said:
paladin.sublevels.net
DC server
I can't believe nobody named it.
Guardian of Darkness did.

Some stupid fuck called Weird banned me without giving a reason, but it is a great source of music, yes.

Chasm said:
this may seem strange to some in this day in age, but i usually buy CDs rather than download them

well mate so do i, but if i hear of a band that sounds interesting i don't run to the nearest store (which is 100 km from here btw) and make a chance-purchase, so much better to download and see (hear) first.

I find SoulSeek much easier to use than DC++. I really can't understand the problems you all have with it. And I've heard way to many times about people getting banned for no reason using DC++, that would annoy me like hell.

the only time ive ever been banned from the UM hub on dc++ is when i first got it, and my upload slots were only at 1.... it was only for 5 minutes. i have absolutely no problems with it. i highly reccomend DC

paladin.sublevels.net (you have to register first at paladin.sublevels.net/reg.php)
wintermute.sublevels.net

Winmx right now..but what the hell do I know.

I think Im going to be getting DC++ or SoulSeek since everyone seems to like it..

I use mIRC.

I tried Soulseek a couple of times but I have never been able to download anything, "Queeeeed"

Some people just prefer the status they get amongst the sharing community of having a huge library and rarities. Not saying Chaotic Manifesto here is one of those people.

I use soulseek, i noticed that a lot of people in here dont like soulseek because it's always queued or something. Soulseek works best if you have a broadband connection, i have been able to find nearly everything i've searched for, and i listen to very underground grind stuff which is always nearly impossible to find on most other programs. If it's queued who gives a shit, just leave it over night or something.

Soulseek mostly, though i've recently got into DC++.

Still use Kazaa occasionally as well, if your lucky you can sometimes find stuff with it.

xxChaoticManifestoxx said:
Kazaa is really shit and I can't get bands like Maudlin of the Well, Kayo Dot, Farmakon and much Neurosis off it..it really pisses me off. I need a new way to download music, possibly through IRC or some other P2P program. What do you use?

Kazaa Lite K++ is the shit!