How do you (I don't mean just Travis) make your artwork?

Demon of the Fall

Serenity Painted Pink
Jun 3, 2003
Belgium
www.freewebs.com
Sorry for being such a newbie, but I'm really interested in all this artwork. Sadly enough, I know nothing about the creation of these masterpieces. How do you make them? Do you draw the art yourself? Please explain how it is created from A-Z. :erk:

Thank you! :)

hmmm, well i do various things, mostly use images and edit them using say photoshop etc, also paintings, drawings things like that, its more or less your ideas and creating them on the program, although to create something good you need to know what ur doing, alot of people just press filters which annoys me,lol

1-Music for inspiration...
2-Drawings to put my ideas on paper before seeking images...
3-Searching images, taking photographs of what I need, scanning objects...
4-Photoshop for filters, for choosing the colours that would fit the best.
5-Trials, and trials, and trials, and trials, and trials, (with music all along of course) until it suits me perfectly.
6-Two days or more without seeing my picture.
7-Coming back to the pictures and add corrections, removing stuffs that should not be...
8-Enjoy my creation!

wingnut4 said:
hmmm, well i do various things, mostly use images and edit them using say photoshop etc, also paintings, drawings things like that, its more or less your ideas and creating them on the program, although to create something good you need to know what ur doing, alot of people just press filters which annoys me,lol
God, I know what you mean! One of the first projects I ever worked on was for a band my friend was producing! I designed a bunch of covers, but this one was my favorite: http://www.goodpigbadpig.com/images/290_cd_rmd.jpg

They were a punk band and had this Kung Fu type intro where one of them yelled out "Total Powa!" which is stupid, but sounded really funny. Anyway, they ended up doing the artwork themselves, and chose this one: http://www.rexmanningday.com/art/front_cover.jpg

Now, the cat and title are bad enough, but the filter effect is horrible!!

Btw, I just found my old school book of physics (1986, i was 13 at that time)... Doh, now I know why I still think that electricy comes from "when u switch it on"... its only 2 pages of real stuff in the beggining and 3/4 of the book is full of my stupid sketches... My advice: always keep paper and pencil with you and try to draw everywhere u can... even when you drink beer in the bar... especially! when u drink beer in the bar (ur friend's face is so funny, draw it!)

my shit 17 years ago...

hands86.jpg

wingnut4 said:
lol, i prefer tea
only with milk, cos else i cant be arsed

i use photoshop only, some digital pics i made here and there, but i'm planning to put some more effort in proper photography and painting.
then just put on a cpl of albums, check covers and the internet for inspiration, and turn me cellph. off...

and roll a big phat spliff for the flow and rock & rooollll!!

well, thats for just imaging.

lately i'm far more into making visuals (clips and that), trying to do it in a photoshop manner, basically. moving image in an illustative way, thats more my thing.
Progs used: Photoshop, After FX, Final Cut/Premiere Pro.
some Illustrator here n there, or Director MX. Depends on what i'mn doing (it for).