how do you pronounce Tagtgren

Tumn said:
I say Tag-ren, doesn't mean it's right though!

thats what i say too, i wanna know if it's correct or im making a fool of myself

ha I thought I was the only one who didn't know how to pronounce it. I pronounce it like Tumn does.

Maharet said:
uh huh..thats how i pronouce it...
doesnt it sound kinda like "TAHGT-GREN"?

Yes, that would be quite good...I think. :) Since there aren't many languages that have å, ä and ö like we have in Sweden it's quite hard do pronounce the letters.

One technique you can try to pronounce the ä is to say aah and stick your tongue out as far as you can and try to lick your chin. Works pretty good. :D

MegaJos said:
Try Tägt-gren, guys. :) If I knew how to write the phonetic spelling for it, I would.

Yeah, what's how i do it.

Not that hard, since we have ä,ö,ü in germany :D

But i guess there are many people saying it wrong, just like Akerfeldt, although it's Åkerfeldt. Or am i wrong?

Rotten Flesh said:
Yeah, what's how i do it.

Not that hard, since we have ä,ö,ü in germany :D

But i guess there are many people saying it wrong, just like Akerfeldt, although it's Åkerfeldt. Or am i wrong?

Yes, it's with an Å, alot of people say Akerfield too, I guess that would be the english version since feldt sorta = field, atleast in norwegian.

MegaJos said:
Yes, that would be quite good...I think. :) Since there aren't many languages that have å, ä and ö like we have in Sweden it's quite hard do pronounce the letters.

One technique you can try to pronounce the ä is to say aah and stick your tongue out as far as you can and try to lick your chin. Works pretty good. :D
thats cuz i win...
i have been slowly learning swedish and pronounciation so i have a good idea how to say alot of shit....umlauts are fun!
by the way what is the å called? i know theres gotta be a name for that letter....

and people its pronounced "AHHKER-FELD-T"
o_O