How do you pronounce?

arachn1d said:
How do you pronounce...Dimmu Borgir?

(add anything if you want) :headbang:

Dim-moo Bore-Gear

I don't mean to hijack a thread but elitists say i probably can't pronounce bathory, burzum, etc right. Can someone tell me how those are pronounced. Call me dumb but i don't ever watch interviews or listen to audios of them. Only read them. and i've always seen the bands names in writing.

Bathe-ore-ee?
Bath-ore-ee?

or some norwegian thing like Bah-thoo-rehee?

Burzum...Berr-zuhm?

Also while i'm at it what about Einherjer, Naglfar, Koldbrann....yeah i only see band names in writing and those are the results i have, i won't try these three at all. :erk:

Actually, Burzum is pronounced as a German would pronounce it: Burtz-um. I've heard Varg say it like this in interviews, so presumably it's correct.

There is no correct way to pronounce it. It's a fucking Mordorese word! you want to know how to pronounce it, don't ask Varg, ask Christopher Tolkien! I'd lay money that Varg pronounces it like that because he wishes he was a Kraut, no better reason. "Ja, I am being from Bergen, vitch is a kleininges Burg in northvestern Chermany, currently under ze illegal occupation of ze Norvegians!"

lord667 said:
There is no correct way to pronounce it. It's a fucking Mordorese word! you want to know how to pronounce it, don't ask Varg, ask Christopher Tolkien! I'd lay money that Varg pronounces it like that because he wishes he was a Kraut, no better reason. "Ja, I am being from Bergen, vitch is a kleininges Burg in northvestern Chermany, currently under ze illegal occupation of ze Norvegians!"

I'd say that, when a word from another language is reappropriated for the purpose of a work, the creator gets to decide how it's pronounced :p

lord667 said:
I bet he doesn't give a flying fuck, anyway. He's too busy trying to save us all from gay Jews and liberal intellectuals through the power of MIDI.

:lol::lol::lol: