how do you route your delay live?

aviel

Aug 2, 2011
as just wondering if any of you have a nice idea of connecting a delay live to an amp that dont have control on the effect loop through footswitch? in my powerball i cant activate the effect loop through footswitch. so i just have to use super long cables from the head to the pedalboard and again? is there a way to add a switxh?

thanks!

yea its stuiped..
but even if you have switchable loop, you still want to be able to tap the delay

Well personally I would use a midi controlled loop switcher to create your own switchable fx loop.

what do you mean? like what i posted, just midi controlled?

Ahh I didn't see that. Yes, basically that. I use the Ground Control GCX system, it has 8 loops which can all be independantly switched in or out of the signal chain, so it's great for providing a true bypass for all my effects. I can set it so certain loops are before the amp, others are in the fx return, and use any spare loops to switch channels on probably any amplifier you use it with.

That way I can for example, use 1 button on a midi controller to switch from a clean channel with chorus and compression before the amp input and delay in the fx loop, to a distorted channel with a TS and noise gate in front, meanwhile providing a true bypass for everything not being used, and not having to jump around on 17 different pedals! I could never go back.