How do you track your podfarm tracks?

marathegreat

New Metal Member
Apr 16, 2011
Probably a stupid question but do you guys record both a wet signal and dry signal from podfarm then re amp the dry one or only record a dry signal and just monitor the dry sound while playing or?? thanks

Podfarm is a software plugin that you insert on your guitar track and monitor through (if you wish).. so recording the dry DI signal is actual the only option unless you doing some weird routing that makes no sense in your daw :p

as Will said, no real point in taking a double output from a D.I or reamp box when you are only recording the dry signal and then using PF as the amp sim

I just use the standalone. I'm going to use it as a plugin once I learn how to get my metal expansion pack on the plug in. Doesn't show up, and I don't know how to get it to. Anybody know?

I looked into the forum, because I always search before I ask, and found nothing relative, but I never got around to asking. I'll have to look into the manual. It would be a lot more useful to use as a plugin because I get bands that come in and love the sounds of all the amp settings cranked 100%. Sounds horrid, so I would like to be able to change it when they leave.

i already did all the searching i could. i already have the metal pack. i dont know how to add it to the plug in. it works on the standalone just fine. but when i open pod farm as a plug in i only get two amps, the jazz clean one and the brit distorted

I record with standalone at a low. Buffer rate for better latency and setup to record the wet and dry signal down send 1 and 3 and find a close tone, use it for tracking and when it comes to mixing I always have the dry (DI) if I need to change anything) it also helps with hearing inconsistencies when you listen to the DI you can hear anything wrong with the take.

Why don't you just record with plugin at low buffer (freeze guide drum tracks if needed...). Using standalone then importing DI seems overly complicated for no reason - you could just bypass the plugin on the track to hear the DI...