How does Borknagar sound in surround?

Tantemøkken

Some kind of member...
Sep 13, 2005
Norway
I have an old pre-surround system that passes out Epic and Empiricism so extremely nice that I'll be banned from this place if I try to describe...
Does those two albums sound slightly better in surround than stero, or am I just a lucky bastard that owns a special stereo (well, ambio-) player from B&O ?

I want to try listening to it on those new Bose headphones that block out outside sound and are supposedly the best sound quality of any headphone today... "discover new subtleties in your music" they say.... why, that's exactly what Borknagar has! Many many subtleties.

If you have a good reciever anything sounds good, especially borknagar. I prefer to listen to music on my live house setting. My old abigor demo tapes sound good on that, and that is saying alot.

My reciever is not only good, it is actually so extremely good that I can use it for playing electric bass without any problems... (absolutely not recommended)

Tantemøkken said:
My reciever is not only good, it is actually so extremely good that I can use it for playing electric bass without any problems... (absolutely not recommended)

mine grows money.

Dear Evil Dead!

It's actually true what I write, one more thing to tell is that mine is very old (from mid 70's...) and quite strong, so it's probably had worse sounds passing far louder than a bassguitar on a modest sound-level. The wrong thing who normally happends when you put a bass or a guitar into a reciever is that the outcoming sound changes permanently. Mine reciever has all the time I've had it needed to have the bass-level very low (so it could have been damaged from before), that's may the explanaition...

Tantemøkken said:
Dear Evil Dead!

It's actually true what I write, one more thing to tell is that mine is very old (from mid 70's...) and quite strong, so it's probably had worse sounds passing far louder than a bassguitar on a modest sound-level. The wrong thing who normally happends when you put a bass or a guitar into a reciever is that the outcoming sound changes permanently. Mine reciever has all the time I've had it needed to have the bass-level very low (so it could have been damaged from before), that's may the explanaition...

Hey dude I am just saying that mine is so good it grows money. Actually it is just a 400 dollar sony that does the job just fine :) I will put the beer down now.

Nick_Perrin said:
I want to try listening to it on those new Bose headphones that block out outside sound and are supposedly the best sound quality of any headphone today... "discover new subtleties in your music" they say.... why, that's exactly what Borknagar has! Many many subtleties.

My friend bought a new pair of Bose headphones for $150, they're incredible. I wish I had known about these when I had a lot of money this summer, but I think I'll start saving now... I really want a pair.

Apparently, the newest ones, the Bose Quietcomfort 2 (acoustic noise cancelling blah blah blah) are 300$ US on their website. They are the best headphones on the market though, they electronically cancel out outside noise when you turn them on and you dont even have to have music playing! and supposedly the quality is awesome. I'm saving up for them too, mainly to listen to metal bands with complex songs! Also great for planes... the damn engine and wind make listening to music hard... but with these, you dont really have to worry about any noise...
I can just see a soldier sleeping through a bombing campaign... with his huge bose headphones on.

Nick_Perrin said:
Apparently, the newest ones, the Bose Quietcomfort 2 (acoustic noise cancelling blah blah blah) are 300$ US on their website. They are the best headphones on the market though, they electronically cancel out outside noise when you turn them on and you dont even have to have music playing! and supposedly the quality is awesome. I'm saving up for them too, mainly to listen to metal bands with complex songs! Also great for planes... the damn engine and wind make listening to music hard... but with these, you dont really have to worry about any noise...
I can just see a soldier sleeping through a bombing campaign... with his huge bose headphones on.

Bose makes the best. I use a Bose headset for aircraft communication, and they rule. They also make a 24 hour flight in a C-130 bearable.