How does Orphaned Land sound like to the fans.

OOOOOOOOOOOOH boy..

this is going to be tricky...

the way i see it, it`s Oriental roots music, mainly turkish/jewish/mid. eastern sounds and melodies - mixed with doomish/folkish death metal

this is more or less what i`d say bout OL

It may sounda little odd, but i think that the only band you can compare OL with, in their concept and musicalphilosophy, is Otyg, tho Otyg are somewhat less heavy then OL.

Otyg is true to their roots and pour it all over their music.

So Does OL, which came earlier then otyg...

Amorphis are extremely good, but as far as i recall they rerly use treditional instruemts, maybe you Can compare OL to garmarna, which play alt. nordic rock using lot`s of roots and instruments

El Norra Alila is the only album i have, but i like this album very much....the Truth Within is a very good song

does anyone have another OL album recommendation if i like this album?

Of course, if you like El Norra Alila, you'd probably like Sahara as well. It's still OL, but not quite as "sophisticated" as ENA, a little bit more straight forward (if that does them any justice, because they're anything but). Otherwise, there's a number of great bands coming from the Middle East/North Africa who mix metal with oriental influences. There's a band called Litham from Algeria who play a slightly more death metal influenced version, and they've got a great CD out called Dhal Ennar (Shadow of the Flames). You can find their site at: http://litham.free.fr/

Buliwyf, I have a good netpal from Teheran, and all i know from her is that there are a few grunge bands around there, tho i tend to believe that there has to be at last a few good metal bands there

so i hope..

Salaam dustam!
Amazingly, there is one prog metal group, Kahtmayan (http://www.kahtmayan.com/), and some other thrash band (called Explode band), but that's all I really know of from there. What really sucks though is the fact that you can't send music in or out of Iran by post. I'm actually writing for a netzine over there, Rocknama, and you can check out the zine at www.rocknama.com if you can read Farsi. I've done a few funny articles for them.