How gay is this?

sixxswine said:
I don't agree with that statement. Chuck's brain must have been like silly putty from all the chemo. I always like the bevis & butthead type comments-"Suck." What the hell? That's the most generic statement I have ever heard in my life. It's the type of remark made by mental midgets. Chuck & you are entitled to your opinions, but I would bet old Chuck has some Crue, Cinderella, Ratt & possibly even Poison in his collection! It's just an act, wants to look bad ass....

Chuck said it in a 1988 vhs I have, I can't remmember exactly what he said but it started like this:

Who watches MTV's headbanger's ball, *Cheers*, and Chuck put his two thumbs down and the middle finger. THen he said, they have things on like(can't remmember all) Bon Jovi, *boo*, Poison, *boo*, Motley Crue, *boo*, *thumbs down*, and they call this headbanger's ball?! Then said, Tell your friends to go to someones house, anyone, Your grandmas and put on some Thrash Metal, *CHeers*, then I think he played 'Raging Waters' or something.

Oh god, That part just craked the hell out of me!

Poison are fucking wicked. I love them. And I think definitely its their non-hits that are their best tracks so don't judge them on songs like Unskinny Bop, Your Mama Don't Dance and Talk Dirty To Me... when they have awesome tracks like Look What The Cat Dragged In, #1 Bad Boy, Cry Tough, Play Dirty, Love On The Rocks, Look But You Can't Touch, Bad To Be Good, Valley Of Lost Souls, (Flesh & Blood) Sacrifice, Come Hell Or High Water, Don't Give Up An Inch, Ride The Wind, Ball & Chain, and the excellent Life Loves A Tragedy.

Personally I found Native Tongue a bit boring.... but if it had more tracks in the vein of Body Talk, Bring It Home and Ain't That The Truth and alot less acoustic guitars and stuff then it would be heaps better.

I don't see what's gay about listening to them personally. If you like something you like it, it's not gay and there's no reason to be ashamed or whatever to please all the fuckheads in the metal scene (and there's heaps of them) who criticise anything that is too "soft" or isn't "brutal" enough for them.

oh hell yeah, seek n strike is a bad 'back to the primitive' copy, which i found BTTP fairly decent, 3 as a whole, which i bought unfortuenately, is fucking garbage.

Man, Soulfly's 3 is truely goat blowing quality. Terrible.. just terrible. It had like 2 good songs I remember. "LOTM" and "Call To Arms". Max doesn't even write anything new anymore both musically and lyrically. He takes songs he did earlier in Sepultura and stick em in Soulfly songs. Fucking pathetic. I used to think Soulfly was the greatest like when I was 16-17 though. That all changed when I started listening to more Sepultura. Soulfly's self titled was not great pretty good I think. It wasn't trendy but straightforward heavy for the exception of that Bleed song.

I think if I was a teen in the 80's, I could of liked hair metal. Dahahaha. Maybe even dressing like em too *cringes*.

I did the mullet thing for a while too. I didn't dress glam, though. I was actually kinda preppy but still had the jean jacket and a few metal shirts I would wear around like an old Live After Death shirt. I went to a school where metal was the norm, though. I mean, guys with Zebra back patches were like gods. Nothing against Zebra (the self-titled one) but that was the mindset back then...

Psychonaut said:
I did the mullet thing for a while too. I didn't dress glam, though. I was actually kinda preppy but still had the jean jacket and a few metal shirts I would wear around like an old Live After Death shirt. I went to a school where metal was the norm, though. I mean, guys with Zebra back patches were like gods. Nothing against Zebra (the self-titled one) but that was the mindset back then...

zebra ruled

Psychonaut said:

I did the jean jacket with the back patches too...
Mainly concert shirts though...
Zebra?! I can't say I much cared for them.
There was worse out there though....

Its 2003, I'm only 20, and I dress like that now! Hahaha! I had a mullet for a little while just in between short and long hair when I started growing it about 5-6 years ago.... these days I just have long hair but everyone says I dress like its the '80s haha.

I don't actually go out of my way to be like "Hey I look '80s" I just end up looking like that because the clothes I like all look like that. Generally I'm wearing tight ripped jeans, t-shirts of 80s metal bands, cowboy boots, and either my leather biker jacket or my denim vest covered in hard rock patches.

Trooper you're one cool mother fucker!
I wish I had kept all my stuff like the jackets & vests, ect. I used to average 2 concerts per month all through out high school. No joke. I would piss all my dough on concerts, then there were the goodies that you had to get, the shirts, programs, ect. I used to have these snake skin boots from Mexico, real rattle snake skin. Ahhh. Those were the days....

How gay is this you ask? VERY!!
Poison is the absolute worst example of the so called hair metal bands. And I hasten to use the word "metal" when describing them since there was NOTHING metal about them. When I heard "Unskinny Bop" by Poison I thought the world was coming to an end.

desert_demon said:
How gay is this you ask? VERY!!
Poison is the absolute worst example of the so called hair metal bands. And I hasten to use the word "metal" when describing them since there was NOTHING metal about them. When I heard "Unskinny Bop" by Poison I thought the world was coming to an end.
Poison, es un ejemplo de pop rock y no de heavy metal. Por esa razon, es la pregunta que "gay" es esto?! Poison esta aqui toda via y el mundo tambien....
como dicen los guerros------->
Stay Heavy mi Amigo!

The Trooper said:
Its 2003, I'm only 20, and I dress like that now! Hahaha! I had a mullet for a little while just in between short and long hair when I started growing it about 5-6 years ago.... these days I just have long hair but everyone says I dress like its the '80s haha.

I don't actually go out of my way to be like "Hey I look '80s" I just end up looking like that because the clothes I like all look like that. Generally I'm wearing tight ripped jeans, t-shirts of 80s metal bands, cowboy boots, and either my leather biker jacket or my denim vest covered in hard rock patches.

Dude! You ROCK!!:wave: I still have my patch jacket. Know what; to honor you next time I go to a gig I'll be wearing it! I never noticed I stopped wearing it damnit!!!

:headbang: Good stuff! You should heheh. I stopped wearing mine for a few months only because it started falling apart hahaha but I fixed it all up so its fine now and I'm wearing it again. It's signed by Dave Mustaine and Al Pitrelli too! That's why I had to fix it up instead of moving my patches to a new jacket!

Well, one advantage of not wearing it for a few years is that my jacket is now still in good condition. I wonder if I can slap up a few new patches. I only have patches of 80s thrash bands.

I used to fight against the hair metalheads. In Puerto Rico , hair metal was considered girls metal

Well you know, if you put the image aside, bands like Cinderella and Britny Fox are really not very far from AC/DC at all :) On first listen without seeing the cover, one could quite easily mistake "Night Songs" for being an AC/DC album they haven't heard.

Hawk: I found most of mine at a market here in Melbourne that had an old box of patches really cheap, I bought nearly all of them but unfortunately they dont actually keep stocking them they just had a box of them as a one of they had to get rid of. The other ones I got I just swapped with people. You can buy them at metal stores and stuff usually or on the net, but they're expensive at those shops or on the net.

I have on my jacket now: Kiss large backpatch (smashes thrashes & hits), whitesnake, vinnie vincent invasion, poison, megadeth, cinderella, scorpions, judas priest, and 4 WASP ones. And i have pins of Twisted Sister ("Is that a Twisted Sister pin on your school uniform?!?! haha!), Motley Crue, Ratt, Kiss, Bon Jovi, etc.

Used to have a Maiden Beast On the Road patch which rocked but I had to swap it to get the VVI patch haha so I'll have to get another Maiden patch to replace it. I figured Iron Maiden patches are much easier to find than Vinnie Vincent Invasion ones!

Eternal_Decadent said:
In Puerto Rico , hair metal was considered girls metal
I guess they don't know shit.
Girl's metal? I didn't know they had gender specific
musical genres?! How fucked is that?!
That's as fucked as people considering
metal is for "stoners or losers only."
For that Puerto Rico should be erased from the
map!