How good is my Drum Sound (Virtual Drums)

EachHit

ScytheBeast
Dec 21, 2013
Germany
Hi everyone,

I am preparing a Template for my first Production.

That's why I am interested in your Opinion and Tips for the Drum Sound for a good Production.

I have Midifiles from a real Drummer played on an Edrum. Then we choosed to use Metal Machinery SDX with some additional Instruments for Layering.
After I bounced all the Tracks out of Superior I have about 30 Tracks in Total.
But I guess I shouldn't use them all.

Maybe some of you guys could have a quick listen to the Soundfile.
That's only Drums with a Rough Mix of how I may start each Song before Mixing. No Processing or Plugins on the Tracks except Slate FGX on the Masterbus. Would be great if someone can give me some hints how to find the perfect Mixture before creating a final Template for all the other Songs.

Here's the Soundfile:

Heavy Greetz

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're going about it the wrong way. You don't specify what you are looking for in a sound for anyone to help you. You don't even really give much hints on a specific genre.

Just make a track mix first and then use that as the basis for the rest of the songs.

I think you're going about it the wrong way. You don't specify what you are looking for in a sound for anyone to help you. You don't even really give much hints on a specific genre.

Just make a track mix first and then use that as the basis for the rest of the songs.

Thanks for the Answer.

The Style would be mostly Death Metal. For the Beginning I just wanted to know if the Sound is ok for untouched Material. I guess I am looking for an open Drum Sound.
Maybe I will put the Scratch Bass and Guitar for that track in so.

Heavy Greetz