How is Taake?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
I heard these are the band's trilogy. Someone recommended them to guys who like Ulver's Nattens Madrigal...

1999: nattestid ser porten vid...
2002: ...over bjoergvin graater himmerik...
2005: ...doedskvad

Any similar? What's this band like?

Also what does Taake mean?

Cheers!

Pethical said:
they are fucking fantastic. one of my favourite bm bands.

Totally. Very original take on Black Metal, with incredibly creative tremolo passages, there's just no one like them out there. I cant recommend Taake enough to anyone. Fantastic band.

NineFeetUnderground said:
garbage. Just a slightly improved Kampfar
knockoff.

For the first time in ages mate, I have to disagree with you. Dead wrong, I think you need to listen to Kampfar and Taake both again. Neither band has any similarities other than both being Black Metal.

Kampfar is very "chord based", mid paced (boring as fuck imo) Black Metal, which doesn't deviate much within each song. It's very "constant" music and stays very well within it's own bounds.

Taake on the other hand is very complex, with constant structural shifting in each and every song. Taake is not mid-paced at all, and infact uses piano in some places as well as significant timechanges and uncharacteristic riffing more akin to 80s metal (even PoM era Maiden comes to mind) as opposed to the mid-paced style of Kampfar.

I rest my case.

does anyone have any idea why there is a "bouncing" sound on the fourth song from over bjoergvin? it just doesn't belong there. :erk:
whenever i want to listen to that album, i think of that moment and sometimes decide not to listen to it in the end.

If I'm thinking of the right sound, it's evident on the second song as well (in the opening drum fill). Is the right sound you're speaking of?

i dont have the album with me but its a "boing" sound. it might be on the 3rd song perhaps.

bm1.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i actually just found out that i have the album with me. the sound i am talking about is on the 3rd song from 3:06 on. i don't know what it is, but it sounds more like a synth is making the string boing sound.
that song is just not good. there are some really good melodies on the album, though.

derbeder said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

i actually just found out that i have the album with me. the sound i am talking about is on the 3rd song from 3:06 on. i don't know what it is, but it sounds more like a synth is making the string boing sound.
that song is just not good. there are some really good melodies on the album, though.

Okay, yes, it's what I was thinking. It's a mouth harp.