How is The Moor screwed up?

I'll have to agree with the others that it's really noticable. When I first got the album I burned it for my car. I thought that somehow the burned copy was messed up. It finally took me becoming part of this forum before I found out that it's not my stereo or my copy of the cd, it's the actual recording. Before I found that out I was a little annoyed because I was like "Is it my imagination or does my speakers turn to crap everytime the moor comes on" :erk:

It would be awesome if they put out a remastered version of SL at some point :) I would be the first to buy it.

~Nicole

Larsson said:
Search for it? It's impossible to not notice it when you listen with headphones.

*waves hand*
I CAN DO THE IMPOSSIBLE OMG OMG LOL

I dont think I'll be bothered by those fuckups if I DO notice them.. I'm just wondering.

My version of The Moor is perfect. There are no dropouts at all. It's probably remastered, because my edition of SL is from 2003.
PM me if you want me to share it with you.

KjeXXXer said:
My version of The Moor is perfect. There are no dropouts at all. It's probably remastered, because my edition of SL is from 2003.
PM me if you want me to share it with you.

Read moonlapse's post and go to those specific times in the songs, listening for what he describes. If you don't notice dropouts, get your ears checked (or get some non-mono sound equipment).

Yeah seriously. Put headphones on and get to about 5:00. Notice the balance in the sound. Listen very closely for the balance and you'll feel the right side just "drop out" quite a few times.

I did that yesterday, on my stereo headphones. What, are the dropouts suddenly something I have to listen to closely? I thought they were clear as daylight, is it just the right channel lowering in volume?
I'll give it another listen.

Moonlapse said:
They're all over the place. There's a ton on the right channel at around 5:31. Throughout that entire section the right channel keeps ducking in and out.

There's also a really great one at 5:52 of Moonlapse Vertigo, smack-bam in the middle of Peter's solo.

whoa! now it makes sense!

To be honest, I've never really noticed them yet, and I'm not going to bother trying to find them and then be bothered every time I listen to the album.

Yeah, I seriously listened to that album about 50 times before I heard it, sometimes with headphones. I was never looking for it and never knew where it happened, though (someone told me it happened in the Moonlapse Vertigo intro, which it doesn't, so I was only trying to hear it there). I don't blame you for not wanting to go looking for it, though I bet I will stop noticing it after a while anyway (like the first several times I listened to April Ethereal the clipping on the cymbals in parts distracted the hell out of me but I don't even notice it anymore).

I really don't understand how people can't hear this, its blatantly obvious. I mean, the guy has "Written and Produced by myself" in his signature. Anyway, I don't think the producer is at fault here- it was a DAT error, and would have been noticed after all the recording had taken place.