How is this sounding? 6505 Guitars

Cheers for listening guys. Drums are real, however it was a really shitty kit, and even worse cymbals (for the most part). Drummer was actually pretty good, although I need to time align some of those bass drums.

Glad you like it guys, the more I hear it the more I like the guitar tone I got.

Settings and mic placement are here:

10012008030.jpg

09012008027.jpg

09012008028.jpg

amazing! lovely riffs lovely sound!
can you tell me something about the snare ?

The snare....original was some cheap one with no name, so we tuned it up as best as we could and went for it. In the mix I used a sample I made from the DW snare from DFHS. I like it as its tuned lower than most of the DFHS snares, and kind of helps for a rawer mix in this case. Reverb on the snare is Freeverbtoo with some post EQ-ing.

It sounds amazing, dude!!
What about the kick? It sounds pretty natural...

Cheers guys. The original kick really wasn't very deep, and didn't sound great. The kick sound on here, is a little bit of the original, mixed with a Pearl Export kick sample that I mic'ed for another band. You can find that sample on the forum - I posted it here. I think I also mixed another one too, but only a little bit.

Glad you like it!

Wow is that volume really that high???

Nice sound. Really clear and chunky.

Two or four tracks?

Yeah cranked it up a bit, had it louder reamping some tracks for another band a couple of days ago but thats for another thread.

4 tracks here, 2 each. The right side sounds slightly better to me - the guitarist had a better guitar. I would have advised they used the same one had the other guitarist not been left handed.

Nice I'm excited to take a listen once I get home from work! I usually have to run the gain around 3/4 with a boost... What were the TS settings like?

Tone at 12 o'clock, the other 2 at about 10-11 o'clock. This is just the tubescreamer on the PodXT mind, so it may react differently. I actually lowered the gain on the tubescreamer as the amp was still too overdriven when the pre gain was at its lowest.

For this I tried to get the gain as low as possible to make it sound clear. I think it also brings out the "chugg" more.