How long until we start seeing tour dates?

yeah, its kind of shitty, because we are as fans as europeans.....and we like katatonia as much as them...i know they are well known in europe, but come on....i really was looking forward katatonia comming to america....so sad and disapointed...

Blakkheim said:
the new website will go online with the release of the single. european tours are being booked right now. it looks like we'll be doing a shorter run around may, then some summer festivals and then a longer tour in autumn. unfortunately, nothing planned for the US, but i guess that's no surprise for any of us anymore...

So what summer festivals are planned? Have SwedenRock shown any interest?

so, are there any chances you will visit poland? aand if yes i hope it is not smoe kind of festival...

stefan86 said:
So what summer festivals are planned? Have SwedenRock shown any interest?

personally, swedenrock is a highlight of the year for me, but it's close to zero chance kata will play it, and that decision is mutually amicable. it doesnt feel right, or at least hasn't yet.
also keep in mind all bands appearing at the spendrups stage play more or less free of charge...

Blakkheim said:
personally, swedenrock is a highlight of the year for me, but it's close to zero chance kata will play it, and that decision is mutually amicable. it doesnt feel right, or at least hasn't yet.
also keep in mind all bands appearing at the spendrups stage play more or less free of charge...

hm. damn it ;) too bad.. but I understand the predicament. I'll hope for a future SRF-gig then, since the fanbase seems to grow considerably by each album. At least I have a euro tour to yearn for :Spin:

Discouraged+One said:
where did you see them?
the odeon club in Cleveland......

199367648yWiWwG_ph.jpg

Divatkreació said:
Would you say that SwedenRock is so great that it would be a good idea to go all the way from Finland there?

It really depends. The atmosphere in the camp and the festival in general is fucking awesome, especially for those in mood for partying. The bands playing are a whole different question. Personally I tend to like about 5 bands of the whole lineup, since it consists mostly of older hard rock. I'd say it like this, if you enjoy the bands enough to consider going, the rest is easily worth it.

It is so sad that three of my favourite bands have never been to Mexico, My Dying Bride, anathema, and Katatonia, while on the other hand bands that I don't like too much and come from the same distant places are playign every year here like To die For, Lacrimosa, Impaled Nazarene, The Gathering, even Hammerfall...so once again we'll have to save loads of mexican pesos to crash over some festivals in summer in Europe, last Hole in the Sky, Roskilde & Wacken were glorious, but just overwhelming seeing Bloodbath performance on stage, unfortunatelly, imagine, just two weeks ago I finished paying my debts....it seems same history for this year.

Spoiler79 said:
It is so sad that three of my favourite bands have never been to Mexico, My Dying Bride, anathema, and Katatonia, while on the other hand bands that I don't like too much and come from the same distant places are playign every year here like To die For, Lacrimosa, Impaled Nazarene, The Gathering, even Hammerfall...so once again we'll have to save loads of mexican pesos to crash over some festivals in summer in Europe, last Hole in the Sky, Roskilde & Wacken were glorious, but just overwhelming seeing Bloodbath performance on stage, unfortunatelly, imagine, just two weeks ago I finished paying my debts....it seems same history for this year.

well, i have seen some really good bands in guadalajara, mexico man, like THERION, MOONSPELL, but of course, i would love to see katatonia play here....fuck yeah i would pay aything.

Discouraged+One said:
well, i have seen some really good bands in guadalajara, mexico man, like THERION, MOONSPELL, but of course, i would love to see katatonia play here....fuck yeah i would pay aything.

I agree with you, we have had good concerts here, and of course in Guadalajara, and Monterrey too, actually when I like very much the band that is playing, I've driven to GDL or to MTY, to see those bands, for example this next march I'm going over there to see The Gathering gig.
But sorry for us, we are still out of reach to see Katatonia playing here :cry:

Spoiler79 said:
I agree with you, we have had good concerts here, and of course in Guadalajara, and Monterrey too, actually when I like very much the band that is playing, I've driven to GDL or to MTY, to see those bands, for example this next march I'm going over there to see The Gathering gig.
But sorry for us, we are still out of reach to see Katatonia playing here :cry:

we are always the discouraged ones....not to say the forgoten ones...haha

I hope for some Swedish dates, they really need to improve their popularity here at home… The last time I’ve been to a record shop asking Katatonia, that guy re-asked me several times if I meant Toto Cutugno… In the best case they’re trying to sell to you “Mulder & Scully”… Arrrgh!