How many Morgana Lefay fans out there?

How amazing life is. their set was sub par when they came out after Nocturnal Rites, singer was sick with the flu and throwing up, That would put a damper on any bands set.

Yeah. Charles was sick, yet he performed as if he wasn't. Then he proceeded to go backstage and puke up blood during the encore. If that isn't METAL, I don't know what is. :)

Thanks TWSTDRSTEPH I would sponser this band in a heart beat! and i have with you included 6 people in my camp waiting for the chance:headbang:

7, if you count me. They were in my sponsorship bid last year, and they will be in it this year as well.

Well, this is true!!!
I would not want to follow Nocturnal Rites live.
They put on a 100% flawless performance.

True, not to mention, that nobody SHOULD have been following them, anyway. The final band of a multi-day festival should always be much more well-known then the band that preceeds them; otherwise, no one sticks around. This is a lesson that both Powerfest and ProgPower have learned over the years. Perhaps CRJ felt that it would be insulting to Morgana Lefay not to headline, seeing as they were a returning band. In hindsight, having them play directly after a band that sells 5x as many discs as them is even worse.

booB - Don't know how much more specific I could be. The whole band seemed off. I know they had some technical problems. In terms of people being sick, this I do not know. I did get a couple discs beforehand to check them out and gave them a fair shot live, so I am not just slamming them for the sake of slamming them. They did nothing for me, and as Diabolik said, it never made me go seek out anything else by them.

This is much more specific than your initial comment, and I appreciate your honesty. It's too bad you did not get to see them at J.J. Kelley's the year before. The place was packed, and there was not a disappointed person in the room.

flamboyant.

This is much worse than what I said. :lol:

Everything up to and including Grand Materia is awesome, but anything past that isn't up to par with the Morgana Lefay I like.

Hey boob how do you do the whole sponsorship thing? I have people ready to add to the #'s for this band!

Morgana Lefay won me as a fan at J.J. Kelly's in 2005. I went to CPF to see them and Nocturnal Rites the next year. I enjoyed the set, though it clearly not up to the previous year's performance. I'd love to see them again. Bet they'd nail it again the next time.

Thanks ambr for putting in about how good they was the first time they played! That show was killer!

I LOVE Morgana Lefay and would dearly love to see them one day at PP

Hey boob how do you do the whole sponsorship thing? I have people ready to add to the #'s for this band!

I don't know how it would work for a group of people. This, in a nutshell, is how it works for individuals: Glenn asks for sponsorship bids sometime in the summer, for the following year's show (as in: he would be looking THIS SUMMER for sponsors for 2011's show). You email him a list of bands (in order of preference) that you're willing to sponsor, and the dollar amounts you're willing to spend. Glenn picks the bands partly based on this list, and partly based on whatever circumstances come about. If accepted, you get VIP access, as well as all the perks that a gold badge holder would get. Keep in mind, if you put in a sponsorship bid, it is a legally binding contract if your sponsorship is accepted -- so don't offer more money than you know you can afford. I think the absolute minimum acceptable bid is $500.

I don't know if there is such a thing as a group sponsorship... what you would probably want to do would be to have everyone submit their bids individually, as long as they can all afford $500 or more.

I think ML is on hiatus right now... then again, if we could come up with enough money, maybe this is the thing that could bring them out of hiatus. :) Also, I'd assume Charles is more focused on Inmoria right now, so they might be easier to get, and, if they went over well enough, perhaps Morgana Lefay wouldn't be far behind. :)

Thanks for the info J-Dubya 777 . How do you get an address or does he put up something for you to sign up for? Me and my group are intrested in being potential sponsors. Just info digging:)

Thanks for the info J-Dubya 777 . How do you get an address or does he put up something for you to sign up for? Me and my group are intrested in being potential sponsors. Just info digging:)

Glenn will make a post when he is ready to begin accepting sponsorship bids for 2011. It probably won't be for a few months, at the very least.

...and, to keep the thread on-topic: Morgana Lefay is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Got into this band back in the 90s. Got a few of their CDs. Still dig The Seventh Seal.
I think I'll listen to them today.

Glenn will make a post when he is ready to begin accepting sponsorship bids for 2011. It probably won't be for a few months, at the very least.

He's probably already accepting bids, actually. Remember, the 2011 lineup has to finalized by ProgPower this year...actually, somewhat in advance of it to allow time for doing the 'reveal' video, etc.