• Only Refuge Denied (BATTLE ANGELS!)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Only Into the Mirror Black

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Sanctuary? Who?

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters
Random Beard said:
Vinyl... eh, I prefer the storability to nostalgia. The report that vinyl sounds better doesn't work with me due to minor hearing loss. I can't tell the difference, in other words, between cd and vinyl. I can to degree between both and mp3, unless you encode right, then the difference is negligible until you own a $10,000 system with wooden stereo knobs.

no no, this isn't the normal audiophile sound technicalities between vinyl and cd. I don't think the cd was mastered properly when it was put on that format.. it's a very obvious sound difference.

Chromatose said:
no no, this isn't the normal audiophile sound technicalities between vinyl and cd. I don't think the cd was mastered properly when it was put on that format.. it's a very obvious sound difference.

The vinyl of "Refuge" has a MUCH better mastering job - even Mustaine's crappy production values sound pretty decent on the vinyl, whereas the CD is a nasty, muffled mess. A lot of stuff from this period was slapdashedly released on CD - look at the original CD of "Rage For Order" (one of the best sounding metal albums EVER), and how badly it was ruined...

Of course, most have been remastered by now - usually to great improvement. But NOT SANCTUARY, dammit!

Will Bozarth said:
oh, how i yearn for Into the Mirror Live
I love this...

I bought mine out of an ad in the old alt.metal newsgroup for $7 in 1996. They still pop up on evilBay, and they're not as outrageous as some.

I want the whole show. I wonder if Warrel still has the 2" in his closet? :lol:

Chromatose said:

Well, I DO trust your opinion, and my experience that "this" particular CD sucks in mastering. But I sard buying a turn table for two cds/LPs.

Edit: Fucking misspellings.

Random Beard said:
Well, I DO trust your opinion, and my experience that "this" particular CD sucks in mastering. But I sard buying a turn table for two cds/LPs.

Edit: Fucking misspellings.

obviously, but if you hear the LP have you ever the chance, you will crap yourself at how amazing it REALLY sounds.

these cds badly need remastering

DreamNeonBlack said:
I own all three, both studio and the into the mirror live.

just because I'm old I can say I bought them back in the day. :loco:

Ditto that. Got the albums when they were new, bought the cd's years later. Into the Mirror live was an ebay purchase. Oh ya, and i have a vinyl interview album with a couple of Sanctuary songs on it, promo item, with Fifth angel on the other side.