Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Listened to their stuff,but it didn't catch my attention

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • What Sanctuary?

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
:D
metalized, trapped and u others ...
well, to explain: started listenin to metal just a year before (i don´t count Iron Maiden, one of my all time favorits, as metal but guitar-dominated hardrock ... maybe cause i´m playin in a rock band for 12 years now ... hm maiden i last saw in 1986 ... shit, too long since!)
therefore i have a bit of work to do to listen to all the great stuff thats available out there! Nevermore i really love, in flames are my actual lovies, ... imagine i just began that recently ...

Well, it was my girlfriend (big fan of metallica, nevermore and in flames) who kicked my ass ... told me to stop listenin all the time to led zeppelin and then she played dreamin neon black over an over again until even I reallized the difference - i then buyed DHIDW and was lost :cry:
However, back to sanctuary - i found "Refuge denied" so far .. "Into the mirror black" was the thrilling one as it seems and this volume - well, tell me a place to purchase it and i do
:)

Originally posted by Trapped
I promised to crucify the first person to ask who sanctuary were... and although you haven't heard them... you didn't ask 'The question'... --- so you just saved yourself from an ass kicking on that small technicality!! :lol:

phoooey!
thx hapexamendios i did that :D
not sure if i´d like gettin cruzified .. but ask me again next year ... :lol:

Originally posted by Serge
:D
metalized, trapped and u others ...
well, to explain:
And you have the nerve to post to this forum? (just kidding):D. Well from somewhere one has to start. You did a good start. Keep up! What counts is not how many things you know, but if you really try to learn what you don't know.

To tell u the truth I am one of those heretics that prefer Sanctuary from Nevermore even though I extremely Love Nevermore too.Its just that Sanctuary is one of the bands that I have grown up.Some of their songs are in my opinion simply divine and among the top songs of all the time in metal.I am refering to Epitaph,Eden Lies Obscured,Communion or Veil of disguise and Die for my sins!In my eyes Nevermore is the new era of Sanctuary.A new field for Warrel and guys to explore,without losing their roots.

That I understand perfectly well, I'm sure some of us who discovered them after Nevermore like to examine the albums for evidence of what was to come, I know I have numerous times while listening to Mirror Black...although I definitely consider them a separate entity, as Jeff (yeah, I know he was in Sanctuary between ITMB and their breakup) and Van do the most to define Nevermore's sound.

I like Sanctuary, although I still haven't heard all their stuff. I should've gotten ITMB yesterday from CM..but it was out of stock :(
but I still got Edge of Sanity - Purgatory Afterglow, and Dissection - Storm of the Lights Bane, so I'll live for a little while.

As for favorite Sanctuary song, well out of the songs I have heard so far, Future Tense.

Well I for one was crazy :eek: :) :eek: for Sanctuary, so I can't think of Nevermore without Sanctuary as the roots. I saw a ton of shows on the Mirror Black tours and those are some of the best memories of the entire decade! They kicked ass! I even saw Epitaph live 3 times! Communiton a couple times. They were so incredibl. I almost get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about seeing the (empty) stage before they went on (the drums with the sanctuary logo).:)

Well before DNB i used to think Sanctuary were better.
But when DNB was released,combined with PoE ,i saw the light!!:)
Now I know...
Anyway

:headbang: SANCTUARY+NEVERMORE FUCKIN" RULE!!!!:headbang:

I did see Sanctuary at the 1988 Aardschokday in Zwolle,Holland.They killed..I spoke to Warrel about it and he still remembered that gig.That was cool.
Sanctuary ruled.Too bad they canceled their tour in 1990 in Europe.

I have both Sanctuary CDs. They Rule, specially Into The Mirror Black! But I'd agree, Nevermore is some steps ahead... Even though it's almost two different metal styles.

It's cool to have both bands full CD collection, though! :heh: