How many Randy Rhoads are here?

Elysian893 said:
all the rr3's i've ever ever seen the jack was on the lower wing...

They must be fakes.

Jackson rr3's have the jack on the upper wing.

since this in an RR thread, maybe some of you can tell me how much it would cost to pop a OFR in a JS30. they dont come with a tremolo, thats why i am asking, and ive heard they are a little better than RR3's

bobvex said:
They must be fakes.

Jackson rr3's have the jack on the upper wing.
considering it was at mars music and guitar center that i tried the rr3's i've tried, they definately weren't fakes, and its hard to forget the uncomfortable feeling of the jack being on the lower part...

Jani Laiho said:
since this in an RR thread, maybe some of you can tell me how much it would cost to pop a OFR in a JS30. they dont come with a tremolo, thats why i am asking, and ive heard they are a little better than RR3's

your better off getting a new guitar that has a floyd in it already, your going to be looking at the cost of the trem if you dont already have it, then the actual installation (which is not a for a begginer) I was quoted 3 years back for 300 (with floyd included) for a floyd install, and that was the low end (I ended up buying DD at this time)

if i were going to install any floyd style tremelo on a non floyd guitar, i'd use an ibanez lo pro edge... definately the best floyd style trem ever made. and goth fiend maybe you should do the floyd install for him ;) although i wouldn't recommend the JS30RR, its like the squier of jackson.

Elysian893 said:
if i were going to install any floyd style tremelo on a non floyd guitar, i'd use an ibanez lo pro edge... definately the best floyd style trem ever made. and goth fiend maybe you should do the floyd install for him ;) although i wouldn't recommend the JS30RR, its like the squier of jackson.

ill take your word on the JS30 comment, that being the squier of jackson. but i do agree with you about the pro edge, i enjoy using it. my cousin has an ibanez with one and its amazing. but the only reason i considered the JS30 is because it has 24 frets. yeah im an alexi fano boiiiiiiiiii! naa, seriously, i just have to use 24 frets, im not used to 22 fret necks, and ive always wanted a jackson like that, because of randy, NOT alexi. although alexi's guitars are pretty fucking nice. and in response to goth fiend, if i read your comment correctly, i am not a beginner ;) ive been playing for about 5-6 years now

thats why i initially looked at the JS30RR lines... the 24 frets, i love as many frets as i can get... but i tried one at guitar center, hooked into a marshall JCM2000 DSL100, and needless to say, i wasn't impressed... the neck finish felt horrible, it did not promote fast movement at all, the neck was fairly fat compared to a RR3 or RR1/RR1T/RR5, and the fret dressing seemed very cheap... and the tone from those jackson pups was less than appealing... also, the made in india sticker on it definately didn't appeal to me. for me, if a guitar isn't made in japan or usa, i'm probably not going to touch it, although i do have a korean made neck through RG, and so far it has proven itself to be very well built.

BloodyScalpel said:
Does your kelly star have that super ugly reverse headstock?
I'd kindly bitchslap the jackson guy who came up with the idea of using reverse headstocks. They turn a sweet guitar into an eye bleeder.

Yeah, it has a reverse headstock, but I don´t have anything against reverse headstocks, I think they look cool, but so do normal ones, so I don´t really care. I guess it´s nice cuz it´s different from most headstocks.... and my Kelly has a normal headstock, so now I got both :p

(And I think most of my other guitars don´t have reverse headstocks either, so I got at least one :p)

Elysian893 said:

I have done it, but I wont do it for commision, Im still too green.:oops:

Elysian893 said:
imo the rhoads v is the most comfortable guitar to sit down and play, or stand up and play, as long as the jack is in the right spot

you see you are one track minded retard, if you buy a angle jack its not uncomfortable at all, but its still stupid a stupid spot haha

haha jackson's from about 2002 onward are complete peices of shit, fender bought the company and now they just put out tree branches with strings on them, i have an RR1 from 89' and its black with white pinstripes, and i recently put SH-8 in the bridge position

Frozen Heart said:
haha jackson's from about 2002 onward are complete peices of shit, fender bought the company and now they just put out tree branches with strings on them, i have an RR1 from 89' and its black with white pinstripes, and i recently put SH-8 in the bridge position
Nope, it's not true. The guitars are still made by the same people, with the same parts, in the same place.
Only the owner changed.

Frozen Heart said:

you are so ignorant. nothing has changed in the way jackson's are manufactured. the only thing that has changed is jackson started making the JS30 line, which is made in india, and incredibly low quality. everything else is exactly the same. get a fucking clue before you say retarded shit like that