how many times have you seen your fav band in concert?

Slayer- 4
Metallica- 4
Testament- 6
Kreator-3
Dio-2
Queensryche-2
Full Blown Chaos-2
Hatebreed-3
Judas Priest-3
Pantera- 3
Iron Maiden-2
Warlock-1
Vader-1
Primal Fear-2
Flotsam & Jetsam-1
Crowbar-1
Fear Factory- 0
AC/DC- 0

Break Zero said:
I would have killed to see these guys early on. Were they still playing pre-Perfect Symettry stuff in '94?

I saw Fates a couple of times on the Perfect Symetry tour. I was living in AZ at the time, and a good friend of mine was the bass player's (Joe DiBiase) cousin. So, we got hang out on the bus and stuff, and I remember well that the drummer was wearing a Dream Theater shirt....I asked about them, and he said several times, "Oh man, you gotta check out their record...." They were all really nice. They stayed at a hotel between the Tucson and Phoenix shows, and we went to have lunch with them or something....and while we were in the room waiting for them, Ray Alder was taking a shower and singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow at the top of his lungs in a very metal voice. It was killer!
Cool memories.....
I think Wrathchild opened that tour....

Break Zero said:
I would have killed to see these guys early on. Were they still playing pre-Perfect Symettry stuff in '94?

I'd be lying if I said I remembered the entire set list, but I believe they did a song or two off No Exit, but no Arch stuff (Thank God!).

What I do remember about the 94 show is that it was a Monday night, and it was Halloween. If you know the NY tri-state area at all, it was in a club called Mai Place (not anymore) in Nyack, NY. Small town, small club. The show was barely advertised, and it drew like 30 people. But, I knew everyone there so it was a kickass night. How can you beat seeing Fates Warning front row with all your buddies? It's like a private screening of the band! It was a very intimate setting, and the band responded well to it. They played about 90 minutes, no opening act. They signed autographs and stuff afterwards. My buddy got the booklet to Inside Out signed by the whole band.

Anyhow, here's my best guesses at songs they played that night, not in order of course........

Anarchy Divine or Silent Cries or both
Part of the Machine
Through Different Eyes
At Fates Hands
Eye to Eye
Leave the Past Behind
Point of View
11th Hour
Life in Still Water
Monument
Face the Fear
Down to the Wire
The Strand
Outside Looking In
Island in the Stream

Ah what a fun thread! Well I'll never be able to get it all right, but some of my favorites are:
Def Leppard - 4
Queensryche - 4 plus Geoff Tate solo once, and once last week for a killer tribute band from Houston called MINDCRIME!
Dream Theater - 3
Gamma Ray - 1
Blind Guardian - 2
Deliverance - 1
Mortification - 0 :erk:
Joe Satriani - 3
KISS - 1 and at least one tribute band.. lol!
Stryper - 1
kLaNk - 2 ...er maybe 3
Rackets & Drapes - countless times
Saviour Machine - 2

:devil:

sh0kr0k said:
Ah what a fun thread! Well I'll never be able to get it all right, but some of my favorites are:

Saviour Machine - 2

:devil:
I am completely jealous...:mad:
Their debut album is one of my all time fave albums...ever.

ElectricWiz said:
I saw Fates a couple of times on the Perfect Symetry tour..

I actually have a bootleg DVD of that tour, playing in Allentown. Thats why I wish I could have seen them back then, because it looked like a hell of a show. The only time I was ever able to see them was opening for Dream Theater and Queensryche back in '03, and while it was a damn good set, it seems like nothing compaired to that DVD I found.