how many times have you seen your fav band in concert?

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry to laugh at you, Wyv, but that was too funny. Never seen a post with just one character in it!

I thought a lot over the matter before post it believe me. First I wasn't sure which is my favorite band, and the few I have seen in my lifetime are not the top my cream:

Now, bands that I like and have seen:

Deep Purple 2
Dio 2
Joe Satriani 2
Steve Vai 1
Yngwie Malmsteen 1
Scorpions 1
Hammerfall 1
Helloween 1
Leatherwolf 1
Savage Circus 1
Jorn 1
Jethro Tull 1
Blue Oyster Cult 1 (not the good line-up)
Rick Wakeman 1

On the other hand bands I would love to see live but I can't, no matter what because they are not there anymore:

Iron Maiden (Maiden England gig)
Thin Lizzy
Black Sabbath (MR tour)
Coroner
Megadeth (CTE tour)
Metallica (MOP tour, before the accident)
Metal Church (THF tour)
Angra (Fireworks tour)
Anthrax (POT tour)
Baron Rojo (EULDLM tour)
Alice Cooper (MOL tour)
Def Leppard (Pyromania tour)
Heavens Gate
Nazareth (SNAZ gig)
Pariah
Pink Floyd
Rainbow
Nightwish (Wishmaster tour)
Skyclad (VW tour)

Bands I still have the faith I can check live:

Judas Priest (befor Halford loose more of the voice)
Motorhead
Dream Theater
The Flower Kings
Saxon
Blind Guardian
Rush
Riot
Rata Blanca
Tony MacAlpine
Cathedral

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
I suck in this category. Savatage is my fave and I've never seen them live, although I have seen two Trans-Siberian Orchestra shows.

Well, you're not the only one...Queensryche is my fav (old stuff anyway) and I seem to miss their shows time after time. And as this year's show was a mindcrime special, I don't really think I'll ever see such a great show from QR :cry:

I never saw the Beatles, what with being like 2 when they broke up. The closest I've come is seeing Ringo a few years ago.

Um, let's say Sabbath is my second fave band - just saw them twice, on the two Ozzfests before this last one. (The first time was truly awesome; the last time [in Seattle] totally sucked, and was the night before Ozzy announced his "retirement").

I did see Ozzy solo once *yawn*, and Dio I think 8 times, if that counts for anything...?

Platinum Maze said:
Queensryche - 15 times - 85, 88, 89, 91, 95, 97, 99, 00 (3x), 03, 04, 05 (2x), 06.
Holy sh*t... I officially hate you :D J/k.

I saw Judas Priest 3 times :
Twice with Ripper in 2001, at Gods of Metal and Bang Your Head festivals, not bad but there was just no magic...
Gods of Metal, 2003 for Rob's return and it was SOOOOOOOO much better! Still the most emotional gig of my life...

A few other favorites :
Queensrÿche, 3 times
Dio, 3 times
Savatage, 4 times
Virgin Steele, 4 times
Deep Purple, once
Accept, twice
Thin Lizzy, well solely the Sykes/Gorrham version
Iron Maiden, twice
Gamma Ray, 7 or 8 times, can't remember...
Blind Guardian, 4 times
Nevermore, 5 times
King Diamond, once
Manowar, twice
Jag Panzer, 3 times
Kreator, 4 times
Helloween, once
Skyclad, once...

Well... Maiden once and Helloween twice and that's about it for my "elite" metal bands. Hope to catch Savatage, Priest, Blind Guardian, Queensrÿche, Armored Saint, Kamelot, Helstar, Crimson Glory etc someday but I know the chances are getting slimmer day by day.:cry:

Fangface said:

I saw Judas Priest 3 times :
Twice with Ripper in 2001, at Gods of Metal and Bang Your Head festivals, not bad but there was just no magic...
Gods of Metal, 2003 for Rob's return and it was SOOOOOOOO much better! Still the most emotional gig of my life...

Fang! I have also seen Priest 3 times twice with RIPPER and I must admit when I saw them with Halford I missed Rippers Energy and certain things he added to the vocal lines .... Halford just doesnt rip Tim does :D

Fangface said:

:cry: :headbang:

Yeah, thinking about now, I only missed 2 (album) tours. The EP, when I didn't even know who they were, and Rage For Order, when I was away at college. No car + no $ = :cry: . They played back home and I couldn't get down that way, unfortunately. They didn't headline many shows on that tour in my area anyway...

I was turned on to them in September 84, then saw them open for Maiden at Radio City (1st night) 4 months later. Incredible show. In 89 they opened for Metallica, and that was a great show too. Did a lot of Mindcrime that night.

:yuk: In 88, they opened for Def Leppard, and I walked out of the Meadowlands before Def Leppard hit the stage. :Smug:

btw,

5x
DIO - 84, 85, 00, 02, 03
Anthrax - 86, 86, 87, 91, 01

4x
Fates Warning - 94, 97, 01, 03

3x
Death Angel - 88, 01, 03
Dream Theater - 93, 00, 03
Hades - 88, 91, 99ish
Halford - 00, 00, 00
Iced Earth - 01, 02, 02
Judas Priest - 86, 86, 05
King Diamond - 88, 88, 03
Loudness - 85, 06, 06
Meanstreak - 88, 89, 89
Ted Nugent - 87, 00, 00
Ratt - 84, 90, 97
Savatage - 90, 90, 01
Triumph - 85, 86, 86
Twisted Sister - 86, 03, 05
Van Halen - 84, 88, 91
WASP - 85, 87, 00
Wrathchild America - 89, 89, 91
Steve Vai - 99, 01, 03
Steely Dan - 95, 96, 00

2x
Motorhead, Metal Church, Nevermore, Night Ranger, Pantera, Nuclear Assault, Rush, .38 Special, Yes, TT Quick, MOD, Forbidden, Deep Purple, Armored Saint, Ambrosia, In Flames, Into Eternity.

I was bored. Holy Shit I've seen a lot of shows!

This is fucking insane because I also forgot to mention that I saw Van Halen three times with Hagar, Testament twice, Priest three times, Skynyrd twice, Anthrax twice...
This is hard fucking work digging into the memory banks because there are many more that I have seen more that once...
Damn you for coming up with this thread!

You all make me so jealous. I haven't seen any of my favourites or any bands I remotley like as i'm in Perth, Australia. Rarely is it that a decent band comes here.

I'm not sure how many exactly, but I've seen Savatage probably 15x or so over the last 20 years.
Slayer and Megadeth are around 10x.
Dream Theater is 8-10x since 2000.:)
Anthrax and Testament a few times each.
Judas Priest about 5x. (With Halford and Ripper)
Iron Maiden a couple times.
Trans-Siberian Orchestra 5x and another show in a few weeks!:kickass:
Motley Crue a few times.
Sym X a couple.
Queensryche about 5x.
Circle II Circle around 5x.
Jon Oliva's Pain 3x. (Another show next month!):kickass:
Motorhead a couple times.
Into Eternity a couple.
Scorpions 2x. (maybe 3)?

There's a bunch more I've seen more than once I'm sure. I haven't seen Overkill yet.:erk: They were just here with Gigantour, but I was out of town. I've never seen Trouble either! (and I'm from the Chicago area). Only seen Flotsam once. I'll have to look at my ticket stubs to refresh my memory a bit more.

Maiden - 3
Dead Can Dance - 3
A Perfect Circle - 4
Tool - 4
Black Sabbath - 2
Bob Dylan - 6
Jethro Tull - 1
Mars Volta - 2
Motorhead - 2
Opeth - 3
Sigur Ros - 4
Rush - 2
NIN - 2

And a lot of other 1's and 2's.

Bands I've never seen that I lament:
Zeppelin, Grateful Dead (with Jerry), Saxon, Nevermore, Mercyful Fate, a few others.....

JonnyD said:
Fang! I have also seen Priest 3 times twice with RIPPER and I must admit when I saw them with Halford I missed Rippers Energy and certain things he added to the vocal lines .... Halford just doesnt rip Tim does :D
Well Ripper is gifted, no doubt he's got a lot of power but his performance seriously lacked emotion and feelings. That's why I enjoyed the show immensely more when Rob came back, not to mention that I had been waiting for this since my first day as a metalhead! The crowd's reaction also made that night special.

Platinum Maze said:
I was bored. Holy Shit I've seen a lot of shows!
Indeed! :headbang:

Here's a list of my fav bands and the amount of times I've seen them:-

RUSH
- Saw them 3 times - twice through in Edinburgh sometime in the early to mid 80s and 2 years ago on the 30th Anniversary Tour which was just absolutely the best concert of my entire life. Totally mindblowing with Rush playing for well over 3 hours and I had 3rd row ticket - FANBLOODYTASTIC.

BUDGIE - Saw Budgie 4 times at the Glasgow Apollo, once at Reading Festival, then I didn't see them for about 7 years and then I saw them at Renfrew Ferry about 2 years ago and they blew that Ferry to Kingdom come - they were soooo awesome, starting off with Guts and then Panzer Division Destroyed - I very nearly passed out cos they're my 2 fav songs. Saw them last year again at the Ferry and I was supposed to be seeing them on 29th Sep this year, but THEY CANCELLED THE WEEK BEFORE "due to unforseen circumstances", and I think its been rescheduled to February, so hopefully everything will be fine and I'll see the mighty Budgie one more time.

DIAMOND HEAD - First saw Diamond Head way back in the early 80s in the Bungalow Bar in Paisley. Sensational concert and I was right in front of Sean Harris the whole night and it was just absolutely majestic concert. Saw them twice at the Bungalow, then the following year in another wee pub in Greenock, saw them at Glasgow Apollo when it was supposed to be Twisted Sister supporting them but they got booted off the tour and the mighty Tank stood up and took their place - so that was awesome since I love Tank. Also saw them another time in Glasgow, I think it was the Penthouse or playhouse and they were always just earthshatteringly sensational every time I saw them. Still haven't seen them with the new singer yet BUT I WILL ONE OF THESE DAYS lol!!!!

ANGEL WITCH - Was lucky enough to see Angel Witch 3 times. Once at the Reading Festival, then a few months later I went to Edinburgh and saw a triple bill of ANGEL WITCH, TANK AND GIRLSCHOOL - much awesomeness that night:headbang: . And I saw them in England playing some wee club near Liverpool but I cant remember what it was called.

SAXON
- Probably saw Saxon about 7 or 8 times now. Quite a few times at Glasgow Apollo, once at King Tuts, once through in Edinburgh at Liquid Rooms, just saw them a few months ago at Renfrew Ferry with Blitzkrieg which was totally stunning concert and am seeing them again in about 4 months at Glasgow Garage (denim and leather brought us all together:headbang: ).

PINK FLOYD - Saw Floyd doing The Wall in 1980 at Earls Court in London. Superb concert with just such spectacular light show and effects, it was totally dazzling. Not so much a huge Floyd fan now but it was one of the best concerts.

I've also seen Girlschool about 6 times, Praying Mantis 4 times, Tygers of Pan Tang 4 times, Tank about 5 times, Samson 3 times, Raven 2 times, Witchfynde 2 - OMG anyone would think that I liked NWOBHM or something:lol:

Also saw Magnum about 7 times as well - the last time was just at Christmas there and they still can put on a storming performance.

Iron Maiden:
2/17/87 @ Long Beach Arena
6/8/88 @ Irvine Meadows
6/9/88 @ Irvine Meadows
2/20/91 @ Long Beach Arena
3/17/91 @ Irvine Meadows
7/2/92 @ Irvine Meadows
7/5/92 @ Compton Terrace
7/30/99 @ Greek Theater
9/10/00 @ Irvine Meadows
7/24/03 @ Irvine Meadows
8/20/05 @ Glen Helen/Ozzfest gig

Adding 10/21/06 @ Irvine Meadows to the list this weekend.