How much would you pay for noobs guitar?

Guttmann

Jan 30, 2007
hi!
im a noob on the guitar and willing to buy myself an electric guitar in the near future (after ill learn the chords..)

what guitar and amp would you recommened and how much should i pay?
(i was thinking of a second hand Squire)

i saw this title and thought metal wrath was selling. :(

there are a few other threads which recommend some guitars you might be after. do a search :)
nope, a new thread is just fine methinks :)

btw, one day you will look back on your life, son, and realize that you.............................................................................................................have shittastezzzz, lol

I'd recommend to you to start with an acoustic.... You may not want to.. But playing an acoustic will strengthen your fingers... The strings are slightly thicker and slightly higher...so it'll help you out...at least that's what I've heard and some-what experienced.... But if you insist on going electric... I'd recommend trying some electrics out at a music store, and buying a small practice amp...

This may seem like a wierd question, but how big are your hands... Because certain necks might make you happier... I have fairly large hands, yet I prefer thin necks...It makes it easier for me to move along the neck (obviously).

I hope that helps.

----------

Either way, make sure you try out your guitar before buying and do lots of research. Whether you go acoustic or electric, I wish you the best of luck. :)

Again, the starting with an acoustic guitar helping...that's just something I hear from people who have been playing for a while...I started, basically, with an electric so I can't say I'm 100% positive it is true. but do your research and good luck. :)

I will run a research, thanks :)
the problem is that im really short on cash so...
but anyhow, i will ask some more of my friends and check out what other people here have to say.
i have a friend who can lend me a Washbrun w200 (he bought it for around 500 euros) something (he doesnt remember) and a multiFX(75 euros). is a connection to the stereo through the PC is a smart idea?

I made the mistake of getting a crappy electric. I got to the point where I just got bored with it. About a year after messing around with crappy strat I had purchased, I started playing my dad's Washburn acoustic. I loved the way it sounded and played, although it was tougher. I found it a better learning tool, regardless no one is truly ever done learning (especially not me) hahaha. It gives you the base for everything you need. Chord progressions, scales are better on it, but it probably doesn't matter to learn scales. I started learning arpeggios on it. Not to mention, I use acoustic guitars almost as much as electrics in the music I create.

Buying a guitar is like buying a car. You need to find the one that you like the best, and the one that fits you best. If you don't like the guitar, you'll never play it.

Considering the cash, don't expect to pay less than $500 for a half way quality guitar.

btw, I = better than you

here are my favorite axes, ready for battle :heh:

guitarcollectionwb5.jpg

edit: haven't gotten around to changing that broken string :erk:

thats the real question, should i spend those 500$ now, or start with a squire or something?

you can get a good guitar for much less than $500...

you should stick with used, and of course the best thing to do is to try out as many as possible and go with what you like, as long as it is in your budget, and check to make sure it is in good shape :)

seriously, and also you might want to get a line 6 spider amp, they are good for beginners and have a wide range of gain on them, and they have a few different models which are pretty cheap

actually.. Check out www.blguitar.com

Enter the site and click on Free Lessons.... It' on the Top Navbar.. It has three entries about buying your first guitar... It should help you out. :)

Ive been looking a bit on Ebay and there are pretty good sales there!
I think i will need to look out and see how much tax should i pay for bringing it into my country but still it seems a pretty good deal.