ANDY SNEAP MIXING VIDEO TUTORIAL- How much would you pay?

How much would you guys pay for a Andy Sneap Mixing Tutorial DVD?!

Like if he were to document his next 4 or 5 albums. And show his secrets and mixing techniques.

Maybe if we all offer enough, hell do it?! lol

Ill put down $100 on it if its extreme in depth. :headbang:

What would you put down on it?

Nothing. Not because I'm not interested but because also if I copy everything he does, my mixes will not sound like his mixes.
And let me say he shares and has already shared tons of info about his way to record/mix music.

It's not like he's pushing some special magic buttons...he isn't doing anything essentially different than those other big guys, except for his own personal touch of course. Besides, everything he would show there has been discussed here at least 3x times, in depth ;)

Not to say it's a bad idea and I would pay for a DVD but I don't really see what the benefit would be. (Lazy) newbies would benefit most I guess but then again just read through all the gold that is right here! :D

I would love to watch something like that just to see him at work, but I wouldn't gain as much from it as others would.

The main way to get better at audo engineering (in my understanding) is to just continually do it and practice a lot - see what sounds good and what doesn't sound good.

A lot of what Andy would likely describe in the video would probably be over my head anyway. :lol:

EZ Mix makes me sound just like Andy. There is a Sturgis preset too.

You noobs need EZ Mix, not some silly video.

It's pretty funny that it seems like some folks think there is nothing to be gained by watching an engineer work. O/C it isn't a magic wand but there is tremendous insight to be had watching someone's process. I would buy it as a fan of his work (just like I buy special ed. CD's to get behind the scenes DVD) if nothing else.

It's pretty funny that it seems like some folks think there is nothing to be gained by watching an engineer work. O/C it isn't a magic wand but there is tremendous insight to be had watching someone's process. I would buy it as a fan of his work (just like I buy special ed. CD's to get behind the scenes DVD) if nothing else.

If you're addressing my statement as well let me say that I stated that pretty much everything is written down here on these boards as well. Maybe not every little tiny detail but I'll doubt this will make a huge difference ;) Andy has laid out a LOT of how he works, his process here...though admittedly I should have been more careful with the choice of my words since I wrote "no benefit", but please keep it in context :D

I would love to watch Andy mix a song... not to snipe techniques or mix settings, but I imagine it would be like watching a world renowned artist painta picture, or a world renowned sculptor turn a rock into a statue.

Seriously - it wud be awesome. :headbang: