how old may a used bugera be to be good?

Jun 12, 2012
Hey Guys,

heard that bugera amps had bad quality in the past and now are pretty good. When was that change? (thinking about buying an used one and want one of the good ones :D)

I believe you want to stay away from the ones build before 2010, but you may want to fact check that. I was seriously considering getting one before I got my 6505+ combo.

Don't buy a used Bugera. Buy new. They're cheap enough, and you'll be happy to have the manufacturer warranty.

+1 agreed. I bought a new 6260 2x12 combo from Thomann about a month ago. Came delivered with bad tubes, so shipped it back and had them all swapped out and re-biased for free by the engineer at Thomann. On top of their 30-day warranty, Bugera offer a 2 or 3 year warranty (can't exactly remember). Used their customer service when I got my problem and they were quick to reply and with useful information.

Sounds really effin sweet as well.

Considering it cost me £289 GBP, I really think that new rather than used is the way forward.

They do break down rather fast I'd have to say. My 6260 lasted like 4 days, never went over bedroom volume, then the transformer went. But the guys here are right, you'll want the warranty.

I bought a 333xl for $200 used, spent 20min fixing the burned molex connector (common issue), and gigged it with absolutely no issue for about 2 years straight. Don't have an active band i'm playing guitar in right now, so it's here at the home studio. I love it.

hm i just need the poweramp for my kemper :D if there are still problems in quality maybe it will be then a marshall mg ...

Got a 6260 myself, not sure what year but the previous owner has gigged it for at least a couple of years without any problems. Great sounding amp!

My amp tech had one in the shop when I went to pick up my amp from getting a quick tune up, of course we got into a long conversation about them. "They are basically throw away amps" he said, I guess it's cheaper to get a new one then they are to fix. Lets just say he did not have many good things to say about them. Most amps like Peavey, Mesa ext... have a 20 year life span and then you can still get parts and fix them down the road. My amp tech told me " These Bugera are already obsolete because I can't even get parts now. Good luck having this thing last you 20 years as well."

With all that said I still want to try recording one for shits and giggles.

Honestly I think the sound the same as the 6505 really. I think the Peavey has a bit more low end available but the overall character is the same.

How the hell can you NOT get parts?

http://www.mouser.com
http://www.digikey.com

etc...

it's a fucking GUITAR AMP, not a nuclear reactor.

I'm not sure, but I think he was talking more about things like knobs. He mentioned he can order this knob really easy for a 1960's Ampeg but could not get the parts to fix the Bugera and it was a month old. He also mentioned something to the tune of Bugera would just replace the whole pcb (or guts) to the amp or just replace the whole amp itself if you sent it in for repair.

I'm not sure, but I think he was talking more about things like knobs. He mentioned he can order this knob really easy for a 1960's Ampeg but could not get the parts to fix the Bugera and it was a month old. He also mentioned something to the tune of Bugera would just replace the whole pcb (or guts) to the amp or just replace the whole amp itself if you sent it in for repair.

It's a helluva lot easier for a company to replace an entire pcb than replace an individual component. As for knobs, the knobs are plastic and if one of the potentiometers broke, I would order the peavey equivalent for either part.