The Bugera Thing ...

zirkonflex

You name it
Aug 12, 2008
Northern Germany
I recently bought a Bugera 6262.
Into V30's it seriously sounded fucking awesome, very close to 6505, like Whitechapels new record on low tuning.
I have always been someone that really liked how Bugeras sounded good and where cheap, until the thing broke down a weak after I bought it.
At first I was like "WTF !?!?!" because it was really just funny, I had been watching these YT guys who's heads had worked perfectly before and I always laughed at the "Bugeras are unreliable" people.
But its really true.
The corrency converter broke down, overloaded two of the 6l6's and destroyed the thing withing seconds.
I had seen YT videos of this but I always thought it was just the early models.
I then called the thomann support (very nice) and they where like "all right, were gonna take it back".
They suggested me to call the guitar section for further info on the amp and its reliability, because I was thinking about if I should exchange it or get my money back.
The guitar section guy was a REAL douchebag, constantly accusing me of using the amp without a speaker thus blowing the tubes, and trying to tell me how bad chinese made products where and how I should never buy any Bugera again.
As if I didn't know that ... :Smug:

I know some of you guys use em here ... how the hell do you keep em working :D ?
It was just an experiment, I had heared a lot of good tones from those amps ... but it failed ... kinda :D

I live in America, no power conversion needed, and It sits on a shelf in the studio. Once or Twice a month I will take it out and use it at rehersals but not without being very "careful" when I move it. I firmly believe these are STUDIO amps and not amps that should be dragged around through clubs for live use.

I LOVE MY 333XL!

I live in America, no power conversion needed, and It sits on a shelf in the studio. Once or Twice a month I will take it out and use it at rehersals but not without being very "careful" when I move it. I firmly believe these are STUDIO amps and not amps that should be dragged around through clubs for live use.

I LOVE MY 333XL!

well, given the price tag on the bugera stuff i think that's exactly what they should be.....cheap but halfway decent sounding heads that you can drag around to shows etc without worrying too much, and all the real and expensive stuff can be left in the studio.
the other way round just seems stupid to me, but unfortunately you're right.

actually, i already considered getting a 6262 to run in stereo with my engl fireball 100 for live shows, so the 5150 can stay in the studio and i don't have to drag around 2,5k worth of amps to every gig. with all the reliability issues that doesn't seem to be a good choice however :D

I totally feel the opposite. I would rather lug around the 2.5k worth of gear cause I know it will take the road abuse. i mean I dont think the Bugera is gonna fall apart or anything, but if by chance it drops, I doubt it will take the fall very well. My 5150 I have dropped twice on the road and no issues at all sit works as great as the day I got it.

I gigged a Bugera 333XL this whole year and i love it. I bought it used for $200 because that molex connector had melted, fixed it and haven't had any problems. Played at least 75 shows with it in the bar band thing I'm doing.

So you really didnt believe there was something wrong with Bugera considering the price tag? :lol:
Seriously, everything thats cheap is cheap for a reason.

But to stop poking in your wounds for a minute, Bugera sounds great.
And personally, i wouldn't mind using one for rehearsals and then go in to renting amps for potential tours etc.

I think the thing with the Bugeras i that you need to fix some of the bad solders or whatever which make them prone to breaking down. There's info on what you should do around on the net somewhere...