Bugera 333xl Any Opinions?

zildjianmatt

Studio Awesome!
Nov 27, 2009
Hi all,

Might be picking up a Bugera 333xl for a deal. Was wondering if anybody has any experience with them?

The amp will just be for the studio, no live use.

Should I avoid this amp at all costs? Or pick it up to add to the collection?

Looks pretty sweet, let me know!

:kickass:

The 333XL Combo was my first tube amp around 2 years ago or so. I was really new to the tube sound and didn't have much sense of tone if you know what I mean. Unfortunately, I went through two of these, but both kept blowing fuses, and eventually it (after replacing fuses) it just stopped working altogether. The light went on and no sound whatsoever. The guys at the shop where I got it were nice enough to give me a full refund after going through two of these amps.

Now that I look back at it, they have a real nice tone. For the price, they are pretty much amazing. Apparently, the issues with the amps were all taken care of and shouldn't be happening anymore. I was far from being the only one at the time when they just came out. Check one out.

some clips that i heard sounded pretty good and you cant beat the price.......about the quality im not sure...i think Melb shredder on this forum used one but im not sure pm him

Holy shit! The Bugera's got cheeeeeaaaapp!

I actually tried the 6260 and the 333 in Japan a few weeks back. Didn't sound bad at all. I'd just be worried about the reliability - although lots of people tell me they've sorted out their build quality.

i'd still be suspect of the build quality, seeing how behringer looms over them behind the scenes...but if it's something that isn't going to be getting hauled around on the road or to/from practice or whatever, i'd say go for it