How r Kent Armstrongs pickups?

viva_360

Jun 3, 2004
www.facebook.com
Hi ppl just wanted to ask if anyones has used Kent Armstrongs Pickups?
They are pretty cheap and some reviews in Harmony-Central were pretty good .... I was thinking of maybe looking at the Ultra Distortion has anyone in the forum used it before or any kent armstrong pickups?

My friend uses Kent Armstrong in his custom guitar and he says he chose them because they were cheap, but he says they're as good as most other manufacturers pickups. I know they are worthy to be used by professionals(e.g. Matt Bellamy uses Motherbucker), but the low price probably makes peoble think they're not good. Can't give you any info on any specificic pickups though.

I've got a set of Kent Armstrongs in my main guitar (they're hand built PAF pro's) and they sound great with a really good tube amp but lose all tone when used with a digital/S.S amp. I got mine off Ebay for the same price as a japanese made set (£50 for the pair) and they've lasted me until now. The only reason I'm going to change them (put them in another guitar not get rid of them) is because I'm getting a set of EMG 81 and 85's.