How should I approach recording an ambidextrous, 8-string guitar player

Lol, wow. Guys... All I was asking was how to approach recording a guitarist with this style, hybrid picking, and playing rhythms/leads simultaneously.
And yes, I'm still going to do it.

I come to you guys for advice or different perspectives on recording.
And I expect constructive criticism, yes, but I still feel like you guys are nitpicking at the littlest of things.
You guys are talking like there absolutely cannot be other guitarist's who play 8-strings and use the same techniques Tosin does, haha.
This video was posted as a rough song Idea, and he was simply jamming it out.
Obviously in a studio setting with a click, and scratch drums, it would be different.
The purpose of the video was to show you guys the style, and types of guitar parts, I'd be dealing with.

I'm honestly disappointed that many of you reacted so negatively and barely ever answered my actual question, and proceeded to hate on the dude, haha.
It's pathetic on behalf of some of you.

I do appreciate the responses, that had some sort of substance behind them, so, thanks to those dudes.

I consider giving an opinion about whether you should do it or not also as "constructive criticism"... but whatever, i guess everything has been said, track the parts separately.

you seem to have only little experience, right? you're aware that you gonna be bothered by every little mistake when recording, right? look, i can only reinforce my statement: when tracking an artist, he should play stuff which is TOTALLY in his comfort zone, that means: if you wake him up totally hammered at 3am and tell him to track his stuff, he should be able to do that. this is the way it should be (this is exaggerated ofc), cause only a good sound at source, which starts in his fingers, will give you a good end result. this guy, on the contrary, is not even close to his comfort zone, you'll stop tracking every bar and the end result will be disappointing, both for you and the artist. i denied to work with a punk band, who played quite basic and simple stuff, but since they weren't tight at all to me, I knew this wouldn't work out. and you can fix simple I-IV-V-power-chord-music by editing way easier than this stuff, but editing all the way through a song isn't the way it's supposed to be because you simply can't emulate a tight performance. Amen, I'm outta here.

I'd say judging from that, record all the rhythm's separately, and then the leads, L/R and center tracked leads. It'll sound better, and provide you with an easier recording method, because you can make sure he gets one thing right at a time. But seriously? Don't get mad at us. It may be him, or the cam, but there were several points where I couldn't figure out what the fuck he was playing. It's not nitpicking. It seemed like he could barely play the material. That's why I suggest you record the parts separately, so he can focus on each element, and possibly play them properly. Either way, you're going to have a headache, because it'll be difficult to get him to record that in time. With a ton more practice, he could be like Tosin Abasi, but not right now.

Dude, take off the blindfold, it's not nitpicking, HE SUCKS. BADLY. The whole "he was just jamming" thing is no excuse, his timing and dynamics are very off, a click track and scratch drums will NOT fix it. Nobody is comparing him to anyone. Someday you'll realize we were right, I guess.
Hahaha. You're not going to respond to my question, I honestly don't know why you're here.

you seem to have only little experience, right? you're aware that you gonna be bothered by every little mistake when recording, right? look, i can only reinforce my statement: when tracking an artist, he should play stuff which is TOTALLY in his comfort zone, that means: if you wake him up totally hammered at 3am and tell him to track his stuff, he should be able to do that. this is the way it should be (this is exaggerated ofc), cause only a good sound at source, which starts in his fingers, will give you a good end result. this guy, on the contrary, is not even close to his comfort zone, you'll stop tracking every bar and the end result will be disappointing, both for you and the artist. i denied to work with a punk band, who played quite basic and simple stuff, but since they weren't tight at all to me, I knew this wouldn't work out. and you can fix simple I-IV-V-power-chord-music by editing way easier than this stuff, but editing all the way through a song isn't the way it's supposed to be because you simply can't emulate a tight performance. Amen, I'm outta here.
I'll let you know how it goes, pal.

I'd say judging from that, record all the rhythm's separately, and then the leads, L/R and center tracked leads. It'll sound better, and provide you with an easier recording method, because you can make sure he gets one thing right at a time. But seriously? Don't get mad at us. It may be him, or the cam, but there were several points where I couldn't figure out what the fuck he was playing. It's not nitpicking. It seemed like he could barely play the material. That's why I suggest you record the parts separately, so he can focus on each element, and possibly play them properly. Either way, you're going to have a headache, because it'll be difficult to get him to record that in time. With a ton more practice, he could be like Tosin Abasi, but not right now.
Thanks man, this is much better. I was considering doing that, but do you think having a center lead track through out most of the song would get monotonous compared to double tracking most leads and panning them just like they rhythms?

Well, I would suppose that it could get monotonous, depending on how much lead playing there is. If there is significant amounts of lead playing, then you could double certain parts of leads, as a way to create emphasis, in a similar manner to vocal doubling. You'd get a similar level of monotony if you panned all the leads hard left and hard right, but if you mainly set them center, it's less recording.

i think this guitar will do fit his style of playing alot more. at least that clip sounds like its his practicing guitar..

129170380500256900.jpg

I'm interested to know what difference his ambidextrousness(?) makes to his playing, and the way you'd record it. Does he have a universal-handed guitar?