How similar is Nasheim to Drudkh?

is Nasheim similar to Drudkh? Look it's a friday poll, just answer me already

• Total voters

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
At HC2, I was asking the merch guys if they were selling some cool undiscovered pagan metal sounding similar to Drudkh (in the vein of Autumn Aurora or Blood in our Wells).

With NO hestitation, the merch guys all reached for the Nasheim CD. I of course smirked, thinking how ultra super cool it was to not only owning the CD already (probably before they even heard it) but also knowing the brains behind the band. It was at that moment also where I started to miss Erik and I even shed a small tear in his rememberance.

That said, what are your opinions? Do Nasheim and Drudkh have any similarities? What say thee, particularly the bass player?

Poll coming.

Despite not having listened to Drudkh in many moons, I don't recall any similarites other than them both being pagan metal. And I only had one Drudkh album, maybe their other albums were different.

Helheim worship. Differences sure, but many similarities with the early stuff. Nothing wrong with that.

The fuck happened to Erik, anyhow?

Note: I could have condensed these 3 posts into one...

Erik got addicted to the internet and started mass-deleting all of his posts and asking Deron to ban him. Deron asked him to stop deleting his posts (as it would have left a lot of holes in the database and in threads) and suggested Erik think about things a little more before asking to be banned. Then Erik deliberately started being a nuisance on other forums in order to make Deron ban him, which is what eventually happened.

I think Erik actually said himself Nasheim was just a Helheim tribute band (albeit in partial jest Im sure), but I can see the drudkh similarities.

coverslask.jpg

I see a fellow on a rock and holding a beer. Wow.

That's brännvin special and the dude is Erik (check out www.nasheim.se, read the cryptic text and be intrigued)

Some similarities I guess, there's one song that was never released (and never will be most likely) that was pretty much 95% drudkh clonery... But in my opinion Nasheim sound like Nasheim.

EDIT: Message fromt The Absent: STOP THINKING [erik is] TELLING THE TRUTH WHEN [he] SAYS NASHEIM = HELHEIM GET SOME EARS PLX

freely translated by Hell Mike Inc. (r)

I know Erik wasnt serious when he said Nasheim was just a Helheim tribute, I assumed most people didnt take that to heart. The influence is undeniable but yea, Nasheim does sound like Nasheim.

p.s. That picture is awesome.

Some similarities I guess, there's one song that was never released (and never will be most likely) that was pretty much 95% drudkh clonery... But in my opinion Nasheim sound like Nasheim.

Is that the one I have? I guess there are some similarities, but I think there's some pretty original ideas in there.

Is that the one I have? I guess there are some similarities, but I think there's some pretty original ideas in there.

If you mean 'Leda' then no, I'd be surprised if you have heard the one I'm talking about... I don't think leda smells much of ukrainian hitlerisms?

Did the Tormenting Legions II CD release ever come out? I still need to hear this "Leda" song.
It's 'legends', and no idea, I don't think it has yet anyway...
Don't spread this a whole lot k