How the hell are Anthrax gonna get noticed with CUNTS like these?

Col_ossus

Formerly Ulster Mosher.
OK, time for a rant. Imagine my excitement when I noticed that MTV2 in the UK were showing their "extensive" coverage of the European festivals, and that the coverage is startin this week with the Rock AM Ring. GREAT I thought, Anthrax played that. But lo, they have just announced which bands they have sets from, and its the usual shite. Lost Prophets, Hoobastank, The Razzmuss :ill: (I mean WTF are they all about?), Deftones, Korn, Chillis, but NO sign of the Thrax. They are even playing Metallica's set from last year. How the fuck are Anthrax going to get better known and raise their profile when corporate wankers like MTV won't show them, give them recognition that they played that show, and don't play their videos. That just PISSES ME OFF. Anthrax are better than any other band that played that poxy festival this year.

Rant over.

Usamas buttboys should fly into the MTV-building with a 747 filled with explosives and hamstershit!

I´m sure Allah is against showing the Rasmus on a ROCK-show!

(I´m starting to sound like Tman on the Milano-board).

This is a sign....
JOIN THE STREET TEAM!

No one will promote Anthrax, so it's up to us, the fans!
:wave:

sucks but it's kind of always been like this. thrax have always been underdogs.

MTV are pussies and scared of playing them. and they are controlled by the major labels who dicatate what is mainstream and what isn't.

at the end of the day, you need thousands if not millions to get break a band into mainstream. anthrax don;t have that kind of label support...

all down to money!!

I suppose that's true about the money aspect. Especially with the hassles that Anthrax have had with their recent labels etc. But it wasn't always like that. I remember mammoth airplay and MTV time for Bring the Noise, Indians, I'm The Man, even Got the Time. But anything in the John Bush era has just got lost. I bought a DVD that someone had put together for sale on ebay with every music video from 1985 to Safe Home, and there was a hell of a lot that I never knew existed. And what's the chances of seeing the most recent videos on MTV? Im sure there'll be no fucking chance. I suppose the record company can hardly be blameless either?

They did play Safe Home quite a bit on Headbangers Ball, although I doubt it got any airtime other than on the show. But that is more radio friendly than What Doesn't Die. They had the premiere of the video (although I had seen it a couple of times on Fuse before that) and then they decided to ban the video. After they caught all sorts of flack, they unbanned it. Officially, anyway. I haven't seen it on MTV since, and don't expect to.

As far as the record company goes, yeah, that has something to do with it. If you watch Headbangers Ball, you will see commercials for all sorts of crappy bands that have albums out. And their videos get played. When Safe Home was getting airtime, they were also running the commercial for WCFYA. Sanctuary isn't advertising for MoMD, and Anthrax is not getting their videos played. The only way they are likely to get any airtime is if there is a special host that plays the videos they want and they pick an Anthrax vid.

The really bad thing, is that VH1 had Scott hosting a show for them, and when they run those shows like 50 most metal moments and the 80s strike back, they have Scott on periodically with comments. He's an eloquent and engaging enough personality that they will have him on to speak, but they won't play his new music. Just the occasional video on Metal Mania.

Scott

Ulster Mosher said:
I've been speaking with a few mates tonight, and there could be 3 more members of the street team very very soon. ;) Where do we sign up, and what is needed of us?
That's great! Just e-mail me with your full name and address. We do have a street team leader in the UK.
Just contact radio stations and spread the disease with flyers. It's an easy job. :)

It also would be nice if the powers that be made it easier for us webzines that LOVE Anthrax to push the band. We have had no help in pushing the last album, DVD, or anything. Never been able to get an interview or anything. Without the grass roots the great and mighty snowball can't get rolling down the hill.

So if anyone is watching...my phone number is (360)789-0703 I love the band and would love to help push them in any way.

ThraxDude said:
That's great! Just e-mail me with your full name and address. We do have a street team leader in the UK.
Just contact radio stations and spread the disease with flyers. It's an easy job. :)
Gimmie a shout 4 the Scottish job, thngs are getting flat here, we need to raise the profile!

abrasiverock said:
It also would be nice if the powers that be made it easier for us webzines that LOVE Anthrax to push the band. We have had no help in pushing the last album, DVD, or anything. Never been able to get an interview or anything. Without the grass roots the great and mighty snowball can't get rolling down the hill.

So if anyone is watching...my phone number is (360)789-0703 I love the band and would love to help push them in any way.
Thanks, man. I'm assuming you're name is Mark?
I'll have Anthrax's manager contact you, hopefully. I'd have Sanctuary contact you, but those guys have their heads way up their asses....... (I hope they read this)
signed,
Tad Snide- Castle Rock Colorado

Jockthrax said:
Gimmie a shout 4 the Scottish job, thngs are getting flat here, we need to raise the profile!
Excellent! Could you e-mail me (below)?
I'm not sure if I already have your info (name/address).
Thanks!!

the problem with rock am ring was that mtv (and the german rockpalast) only licenced broadcasts from the 2 main stages - anthrax were headlining on the talentforum stage - there were no broadcasts from that stage

although mtv are undoubtedly corporate rock cunts, part of the blame has to be put on the promotors who stuck anthrax on the smaller stage when they'd have blown the balls of any of the main stage bands

but i guess its a catch 22 situation - would you rather see anthrax doing a 40 minute set which would get minimal rotation on mtv or a full headline set that 15000+ german metalheads can appreciate?

i suppose germany should be grateful to german promoters though for booking anthrax - its more than the fucking uk promotors managed again this year - all we fuckin got at download was the same fuckin headliners as last years reading and (with the exception of korn, machine head & slipknot) an almost exact repeat of ozzfest from 2 years ago

more fuckin imagination needed download cunts!!!!! we dont want shitallica every fuckin year - it aint a crime to book a band who's had a career longer than 10 years - put anthrax/motorhead/priest/acdc all on the bill next year ffs!