How to get 'that' ENGL sound? And what albums have an ENGL used in them?

Hamish666

needs to post more
Apr 9, 2009
Scotland
Ok so I just got my ENGL 530 pre-amp but when recording it directly im finding it hard to get that clarity and thump that I've heard so many clips of ENGLs produce. What sorta settings should I be using? I'd love to get anything sorta Scar Symmetry-ish out of it.

Oh and does anyone have any recomendations for albums that use ENGLs?

Remember to use impulses and at least double track the guitars.

As for albums, there is no specific Engl sound, as all Engl amps sound quite different from each other. But since you mentioned Scar Symmetry, the use the Engl Fireball for rhythm guitars on all albums except for the newest (Dark Matter Dimensions), which has Marshall JCM900 Hi Gain Dual Reverb for rhythm guitars. For lead guitars, they use both Engl Powerball and a V-Amp.

Here's the full details:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/260053-scar-symmetry-amps.html#post5480719

Remember to use impulses and at least double track the guitars.

As for albums, there is no specific Engl sound, as all Engl amps sound quite different from each other. But since you mentioned Scar Symmetry, the use the Engl Fireball for rhythm guitars on all albums except for the newest (Dark Matter Dimensions), which has Marshall JCM900 Hi Gain Dual Reverb for rhythm guitars. For lead guitars, they use both Engl Powerball and a POD.

yes i've been double tracking, infact quad tracking in some cases and have always been using impulses.

Its just when I hear either the savage or the Fireball, and infact most 530 clips they have a certain characteristic I cant quite get

I probably just need to keep trying I guess