Please help, about to pull the trigger on ...........

........ a pre amp.

I am looking at 3.
Engl e530 $1400AUS
Engl e570 $3500AUS
Mesa Triaxis $4995AUS

My delima is that here in Australia, equipment is down right expensive, and I dont mind saving up, but they do not stock the Engl stuff in question, they say that it is a special order and the next one is being placed at the end of August.
So I have no chance to try them out.
From what I gather, most here like the 530 over the triaxis, which means I could buy 1 of the aboved mentioned Engls and grab an Empirical labs Distressor as well. (that will probably be the path to go down). But which Engl? Any info or clips between the 2 would be appreciated. What are their pros and cons, is the 570 worth 2 grand more than the 530?
I have no power amp at the moment, but could I get away with using the power amp section to 1 of my Peaveys (5150, XXX, 6505+).
Cheers in advance. :kickass:

........ a pre amp.

I am looking at 3.
Engl e530 $1400AUS
Engl e570 $3500AUS
Mesa Triaxis $4995AUS

OH MY FUCKING GOD :OMG:

This is 815€, exactly the double you pay for one of these in Europe... Have you considered ebay?? I mean, with taxes and shipping and everything it would still cost you a lot less :erk:

My suggestion: I hate the Triaxis for metal, and love the e530. Never tried the e570 though.

You guys should visit Iceland these days... a gallon of gas is around 6 USD now...

But get the Engl 530, relatively cheap, and sounds the bomb! :)

Thanx fellas. My first question is about voltage, here we run 240v but I dont know about Europe, so is there another 240v country apart from here and New Zealand? If there is , I would hunt for prices there.

Now a 530 has been recommended, some say it is great for rock, lacks a tad for high gained metal, while others are over the moon with theirs. So I would probably have to listen to clips. The 570 however has had shining reviews, and I quite liked what Goddamn Guitar has done with his clips, but is it worth 2 grand more?

The Triaxis has been the worst reviewed out of the 3 for metal and it is the most expensive here. Although I have just come across a second hand one here at "The Music Swop Shop" in Melbourne (yes it is spelled Swop, for reasons I dont know), so any Aussies gassing for one, have a look, they want $1995.

So, if there is a heavy as hell tone out there made with the Mesa, please post, otherwise I can buy a 570 and el8 or a 530, el8 and a mesa os 4x12. The most important thing for me though is the distorted tones. So from what I have heard so far, it is a 2 horse race, unless there are any jockeys out there that can ride the tri axis to victory. :heh:

Europe is all 240v so you could get it anywhere here.

The E570 is certainly the best if you can afford it - whether its worth $2000 more is your call. Its basically the pre-amp to the Engl SE iirc which is Engls top of the line head.

Here it is in Thomann in Europe for €1444 incl shipping to anywhere in Europe. Thats about $2500au plus you'd have shipping (maybe $250) plus local australian tax of VAT and/or GST of 10% or something (it was a while since in lived in Australia but its something like that) It probably wouldnt work out a whole lot cheaper - maybe $200-300.

http://www.thomann.de/ie/engl_e570.htm

Im sure you could get a fouromite to help you out though if you wanted to get it shipped to them in Europe and get them to forward it to you. You can sometimes get around the tax then too by saying its a gift or something. You'd have to look into Australian customs laws on that though.....

Joe Haley (Psycroptic) uses Triaxis. Fucking "Dreaming Neon Black" was Triaxis. Hetfeild uses 4 of em, along with a bunch of other shit, but still. They are an unconventional amp, and when people try one and do the ever popular/lame H10-M0-B10-G10 settings and don't get the sound they were expecting, they instantly shit on it. Oh well...I don't personally like most Marshalls, so it's really just a matter of personal taste anyways.

Thanx fellas. My first question is about voltage, here we run 240v but I dont know about Europe, so is there another 240v country apart from here and New Zealand? If there is , I would hunt for prices there.

Anything from Europe or the UK will work here without issues. I'm fairly sure Japan is 240v as well. I brought all my gear back here from Europe and just switched the plugs over or use adapters for those with proprietary wallwarts. No issues.

Thomann will ship to Australia but the dollar sucks against the Euro right now but is relatively strong against the british pound, so you might wanna try some online UK stores. Some of the bigger ones like dolphin music will probably ship here.

Pretty sure Japan is 110v unfortunately. Still, ishi bashi has some great deals at times in the u-box!

In aus you just gotta sit on ebay.au and wait. Picked up a 1960av for $590 a couple weeks back. Just be careful when picking items up as speeding fines generally turn a good buy into an average buy :lol: