How to integrate drum samples into a mix??

J.DavisNJ

\m/
Nov 8, 2005
NJ, U.S.A.
More newb quesitons, bare with me...

I've been using EZ Drummer with garage band. Definitely a cool program, but I want to be able to use samples I've gained from the net (and from Andy on this board) to come up with my own sounds for drums. I need some type of host program right?? what would be good for this?? Thanks,

-Joe

I don't think garageband supports any type of sound replacement programs.

You'd need something like SoundReplacer, Drumagog, or apTrigga as an insert on the track to replace the drum in question.

Yup... i myself, if i would start out and was a bit low on cash, would go for aptrigga.
It's a great program that does the job just fine, bit more limited then soundreplacer or drumagog, but well worth the bucks.

I don't think garageband supports any type of sound replacement programs.

You'd need something like SoundReplacer, Drumagog, or apTrigga as an insert on the track to replace the drum in question.

Thanks for the reply...I'm not lookin to replace any really, just to create drum tracks. I would use my M-Audio trigger finger to place rough hits and then edit in the program.

-Joe

Yup... i myself, if i would start out and was a bit low on cash, would go for aptrigga.
It's a great program that does the job just fine, bit more limited then soundreplacer or drumagog, but well worth the bucks.
hmmm if its more limited then why does everyone keep saying that aptrigga kicks the crap out of drumagog? I've never used it so

WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY tighter and less of a CPU hog.

+1. i can hardly stand to use drumagog anymore, i only like it for it's ease in auditioning samples through the gog format.

anytime i try to switch back to drumagog, i get sick of trying to get it to trigger properly. with aptrigga all ive got to do is gate whichever drum im trying to trigger a bit and aptrigga will usually get every hit with no mistriggers on the first try. very minimal tweakwage.

wish it had MIDI in/out tho :(

+1. i can hardly stand to use drumagog anymore, i only like it for it's ease in auditioning samples through the gog format.

anytime i try to switch back to drumagog, i get sick of trying to get it to trigger properly. with aptrigga all ive got to do is gate whichever drum im trying to trigger a bit and aptrigga will usually get every hit with no mistriggers on the first try. very minimal tweakwage.

wish it had MIDI in/out tho :(

Are you using Pro Tools LE? Seems like some PTLE/Drumagog users have issues with the lack of plug-in delay compensation. I use Drumagog in Sonar6 and it is ready to go in less than 3 clicks. Drumagog has been very helpful and always works without any effort from me other than deciding on a sample. I should mention that I usually will only use it on kicks or snares.