How to plug AXE-FX into presonus firebox?

X14Halo

May 28, 2010
I have my electronic drums hooked up to a presonus firebox (via MIDI/SPDIF). I also have it set as my default sound card in windows so that I can hear my computer sounds. How can I plug my AXE-FX into it so I can hear my guitar also? I tried using an instrument cable from line out 1 L on the back of the AXE to the instrument 1 input on the front of the firebox and I get no sound...

IDK about Firebox connections but i have to say one thing:

Line out should go to Line in.
"Instrument in" usually has way too big input impedance, so connecting line level signal to an instrument input would be like trying to reamp from line out directly to your amplifiers guitar input without any kind of a reamp device.
Of course you normally would get some sound even from that kind of connection, so in your case i don't know what is wrong (most probably some kind of software mixer misconfiguration).

Well my drums are hooked up to the spdif. So a little update...I now have the inputs in preferences set to be line in on the firebox, and if i make superior drummer on a new track i can set it to monitor midi for all channels and i can hear my drums. I then make a new track and set the input to Input L/R, and I can see the sound wave thing move when I strum the guitar...but I can't hear anything on the guitar still........

Ok another update...I got it all working..but it seems to be doubling up the guitar sound. I just had to hit monitor input.

Ok got it workking. just had to go from out L AND out R on the axe to both input on the firebox.