how to record a show?

†_Aragorth_†

storm chaser
Jan 2, 2003
in the "supercell" cloud
www.weather-photos.net
Hi!

I am going to COB concert next month...and I wanna made a bootleg of a concert...could you please help me about it. I am newbie in this shit, dunno anything about it. how to record an audio?
I will take photos and everything...even we will have a camera, too.

thank you!!

phase 1- preparation
Get everything you need: camera, mini recorder, microphone extension, batteries, extra film for the camera and batteries (in case the security finds out one of them).

Phase 2 - The humiliation
Put it all inside a plastic bag and stick all of that inside your ass, so that the security can't find it

Phase 3 - The show

Go to the bathroom, take everything out, and record the show/take pictures

Phase 4 - Final part

Look at your pics and make a cd of your bootleg so you can have some fun while sitting on the proctologist's waiting room.
I mean... while you're STANDING on the proctologist's waiting room.

:lol:

@ tut: :lol: i cannot believe it.. :lol:

EDIT: dont forget the most important: upload the show and share it whit us so we cant enjoy some other bootleg!

@loWC

I have that bootleg now on CD, i got it today. Its as MP3, but its so long gig, it wont get in to 1 cd, so i think i have to make double bootleg. I will also do (maybe) covers etc before i trade it...

i have also brand new Norther bootleg.

@Child_of_bodom666

use minidisc if you have one, hide it somewhere when you go in. Then put cable between your comp and MD and you can put it to CD :Spin:

I posted this in the Opeth forum:

Here's a few tips for you, I've been recording shows for almost 4 years with pretty good results.
Getting a good audience recording isn't as easy as you think.

1. Always use fresh batteries, or fully charge your MD and make sure you carry a spare set.

2. Test you unit at home or outside the gig, make sure everything is working before the show.

2. Set your recording levels a little below the highest level, if you don't your recording will be distotorted and almost impossible to clean up.
It dosen't matter too much if your recording level is too low, you can always boost it when you transfer the recording to your computer.

3. Make sure you have a decent mic, this is most important. Most MD are pretty much the same in quality, the mic can make the difference bewtween a good recording and a not so good.
Use the one's that clip on to your jacket, never use a hand held mic. They aren't made for this type of thing, you'll get a sore arm, bumped and probably busted.

4. Stand well back, centre stage, even better is near the soundboard, this is usually the best place in the house for sound.

5. Avoid standing in crowds where there is lots of talking, your mic will pic this up and therefore spoil your recording. If you are crowded all the bumps you get from people will also show up on your recording.

6. Stand as still as you can, don't sing, scream up clap too much, as again this will be on your recording.

You learn yourself from experience on how to get a great recording, these are just a few tips I've learnt :)

When your transferring your recording to computer, record it to HD using Soundforge or Cool Edit, record the whole thing at once, then split the songs up. Then you can add some EQ or whatever to boost the sound. I usually leave it as it is.

Hope this helps, if you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask :)

I saw Dark Tranquillity last Nov in London, no security at all, handed the ticket in and walk straight through.

When I saw Manowar/Motorhead/Dio in Helsinki in 1999, I was even frisked in the private spot where you usually can hide stuff !

Mini Disc recorders are pretty cheap, remember you a getting a digital recording device.
You should be able to pick one up for about $150US.
A mic can set you back anything from $30-$200, depending on how much you want to spend.

Remember don't expect to get a perfect recording, if the sound of the show is shit, it will be shit on your recording.

Good luck :)

cob666: If this mission will be possible, and you can record the show... y'know... send it to me... If you don't want to do it, then I won't show your hot picture to my sister:p:p
("hot")