How to send midi to aptrigga...in logic 8, ddrum trigger, DM5

roozor

Jan 9, 2008
Lads,

I've spent about 2 hours trying to make sense of this...

I've got my DM5 now sending midi to an instrument track which is awesome, now i just need aptrigga to pick this up. I can't just load aptrigga onto the instrument track, doesn't work.

I tried looking for an option to send the midi from it into an audio track with aptrigga on, but that wouldn't work anyway right?

aptrigga manual is a bit vauge, doesn't give instructions but says it can be done!

I think you're talking about Cubase right?
I have never used this feature, but as soon as you have Aptrigga inserted on any of the audio tracks in the project, Aptrigga appears in the Midi Out list of every miditrack.

create blank audio track, insert Aptrigga
record a midi track, set midi output to Aptrigga

I don't know if this also works for live playing. Just try to "record/ready" the midi track and see what happens!

No i'm talking about aptrigga with logic 8.. on mac!

I know it can be done, aptrigga states it can be used in the manual for receiving midi information!

Someone who records with ddrum triggers must know, i know most producers use this as because the notes are being recorded in midi you can adjust and quantise them. This is what i need to know how to do when recording some not so tight drummers!

I'm using a midi cable out of my DM5 going into the midi in of my presonus fp10