How well can you hear

I wonder where Andy's at with this kind of test. My guess, considering his past occupations as musician never wearing earplugs and his current job, would be 14 or 15 at best, but then considering his age it drops down to 11k... :D

I can barely hear 17kHz. But who the f*** needs those high frequencies? ;D There is nothing important happening up there. You're good to go if you hear up to 14kHz.

I have a new 1,5kHz Tinnitus in my right ear since 4 days. Without any obvious reason. This is driving me crazy! At first it was like a feedback in my ear, that came up when I heard low or loud voices or passing trucks or something. I thought my life is over... fortunately it turned into a constant Tinnitus that I only hear when it's a bit quieter. But damn, I'm so afraid this is killing my AE skills sometimes. =(

I'm glad that I haven't got any hearing loss or something. I have perfect ears, too perfect like my doctor said! :D

Just GF apparently hears highs way better than I do, but that's to be expected she hasn't been practicing blastbeats for three hours without earplugs. Stupid 16 year old me.

Thru to 12 at the same volume, 15 if I turn up the monitors.

Let this be a lesson to you kids, wear earplugs when you play gigs!!

I'm 32, been playing live for 15 years, never worn ear plugs. :bah:

I could barely hear 19 if I turned it up a little bit. Heard 18 perfectly. And I've had tinnitus for years. It's constant at 6.5kHz, but only bugs me when its bed time. Stupid ear infections when I was a baby...

22 baby!!!

it doesn't appear as a tone though, more like a resonant perturbation (like noise).

edit: if you can't hear it at lower levels... try to increase the amplitude for the higher frequencies.

those cilia might not be completely dead. :)

Haha my cats really didn't like those at all.

I could just about make out up to 21, after 16 I had to start turning the volume right up though. 16khz actually felt like pressure on my head. Urggh...

Not bad considering I have tinnitus in my left ear and spent at least 30 minutes drumming without earplugs today. :p

I can confirm that I heard 17k, but after that I didn't. I could hear the pop at the beginning/end of the clips.

edit: I listened to it again with headphones and I heard the 18k, 19k and 20k when the volume was cranked and now I hear a tinnitus. I normally don't anymore.

I'm 26.

This totally freaked me out. I started off with 8-10-12kHz, could hear those without a problem. Then 14Khz - nothing. I played the file like 5 times and couldn't hear a thing. I thought great, I am officially deaf, at least I know why my mixes suck so hard. Then I said fuck it and clicked on the 21 Khz and I could hear that! Weak but it was definitely there. I was like WTF? Then I started going backwards and could hear 19-15 Khz allright. WTF? That's not normal is it?

out of sheer curisosity i brought my mother and my neice into the room and tried them out, mother is 53 and neice is 5 neice said she could hear right up to 21 mother stopped hearing at 15, 14 was clear but 15 was gone